San Francisco Catholic church installs watering system to spray on homeless people

Have you read the Brother’s Karamazov? Been there done that.

1 Like

I have to admire the Catholic diocese in San Francisco. It must have been difficult to find anything that could sink the reputation of the church lower. The combination of abusing homeless people and wasting water is especially brilliant. On the one hand, they’re following up on their very successful policies of abusing the vulnerable, but with a new twist of wasting a resource in the midst of a dire shortage. There’s something for everyone to hate!

5 Likes

"There’s only so much you can do. "

That should be a motto or something.

3 Likes

I don’t think ‘watering’ the homeless was what the Pope Francis had in mind when the Vatican installed showers for homeless visitors there. Meanwhile, the Roman Curia decrees:

FOR A CIVILIZATION OF LOVE

“Love must be present in and permeate every social relationship. This holds true especially for those who are responsible for the good of peoples.
(…)
This love may be called ‘social charity’ or ‘political charity’ and must embrace the entire human race.
‘Social love’ is the antithesis of egoism and individualism. Without absolutizing social life, as happens with short-sighted perspectives limiting themselves to sociological interpretations, it must not be forgotten that the integral development of the person and social growth mutually influence each other.
Selfishness, therefore, is the most insidious enemy of an ordered society.”

Excerpted from:
Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church

2 Likes

I actually have not. Must do. Thanks!

They were already embroiled in controversy over trashing gay teachers. http://www.mercurynews.com/samesexmarriage/ci_27465418/archbishop-san-francisco-clarifies-controversial-catholic-high-schools

It’s a great book. The Grand Inquisitor scene is what I am talking about, and I believe the SF priests would tell Christ exactly what the Inquisitor does.

Wasn’t part of the deal that the priests got to eat the sacrifices after God got done huffing them?

Well, I"m old enough to remember when most churches never locked their doors. Then they started to get ripped off and vandalized. (shrug) So, whatcha gonna do?

There’s a difference between locking your doors and hosing people down out front.

It’s indicative of a trend is the point.

In the specific case of Judaism, I actually don’t remember, but that’s usually the way it works. The Azteca took it one step further, and fed the urban poor with the bodies of their (human) sacrifices.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.