San Francisco's Millennium Tower is now plagued by sewage backflows and murderous windows

Originally published at: SF's Millennium Tower still plagued by sewage backflows - Boing Boing

8 Likes

There are three things to remember about real estate- location, location and structural integrity.

29 Likes

The management prefers “Italian-inspired architecture.”

IMG_2200

23 Likes

So what about the whole falling over thing? Seemed like kind of a problem before. How is it still standing?

8 Likes

Obligatory:

33 Likes

I think all the money it costs to live there is propping it up.

ETA:
Caught this vid a couple days ago.

So glad “the tower’s governing board” is at long last taking some of those needed repairs seriously. All the negligent behavior is of course down to the condo owners! How dare they open windows and use their plumbing! Using the wrong laundry detergent is madness, especially by those residents who have already moved out! What are they thinking?!

“We’re preserving the safety and well-being of residents and neighbors!”

Sure Jan

So relieved that stupervisor pesky peskin has been given hope by the windows’ rapid repair, and the obvious wisdom in threatening fines by “the tower’s governing board.” Now we should all feel so much better about the whole thing.

That millennium tower scene just keeps going from weakness to weakness.
WTF

13 Likes

Can you really put a price on those views though?

33 Likes

That shit’s even tiltier’n Egghead’s lair in Batman '66!

14 Likes

When I was living in the Bay Area (2012-2015), I ran into a college classmate who had a condo in Millennium Tower. I wonder if he still owns it?

Also, YOIKS! Dude must have been raking in a ton 'o money! He referred to that condo as his “pied-à-terre” with his primary residence in San Jose. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

I do not recall hearing any statement from famed building engineer Ron Hamburger in this NBC update.

He’s still consulting the highest authority (not physics, but the developers).

4 Likes

I’m going to miss Peskin so much when he is termed out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.