San Francisco's sinking, leaning Millennium Tower also sliding horizontally

Anyone notice … every time this building does something worse than before, Mr. Hamburger acts like this was all factored in already, all expected behavior, well within what was engineered. Nothing to see here, you guys worry too much.

9 Likes

“And away we gooooo…”

4 Likes

I wonder if there is a way to measure the sphincter tension of the residents every time they announce the buildings movements?

6 Likes

You’ll be disappointed if you follow the arrow because it only points to a billboard that looks like this:

5 Likes

That’s not gonna be enough to hold it in place, I don’t think.

6 Likes

If it slides far enough then it will become some other city’s problem.

I wonder how far it has to move before it is assigned a new street address?

5 Likes

First building to have to worry about gimbal lock?

6 Likes

Count the diamonds in the toilet paper?

3 Likes

Actually, I wonder whether it is the parking garage that is moving rather than the Millennium Tower. Just think about how the heavy tower is compacting the soil beneath it. Squeezing out some of the soil from beneath the tower just might push the attached parking garage away.

2 Likes

Why not both?

4 Likes

could be, but the parking garage is significantly lighter, and therefore easier to push around.

1 Like

The Glasgow Tower wants a word with you.

4 Likes

Hamburger Concerto

1 Like

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

I mean, this hits all the right targets…poor construction all the way to the engineer’s own hubris.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.