Sanders supporters are the least racist

Yes. People are capable of cognitive dissonance. They can support Bernie but believe and perpetuate lies about Israel, for example, or support anti-Semitic movements like BDS.

I mean are you really going to say that the only pre-requisite for not being racist against black people is supporting Obama? Or Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice when they were active in the Bush administration?

3 Likes

I thought about replying with equal sarcasm, but that wouldn’t get anywhere. So I’ll just ask this:

Why are you so emotionally invested in denying that there are Bernie supporters that hold antisemitic “Jews are intrinsically wealthy” stereotype beliefs? Because your attempt to both strawman my statement and engage in straight-up denial of it are simply so immature and childish that I can only imagine that I hit a nerve.

7 Likes

You’re cute. Stay in school!

10 Likes
12 Likes

Yeah, I get it, your personal circle is wonderfully enlightened and you support Bernie. Hey, that last part’s cool, I supported Bernie, too. If you want to believe that all Bernie supporters behave the same way and that none of them are embarrassing, then I think you’re making a stupid mistake, but that’s something you get to do.

But you don’t get to run around calling @bibliophile20 a liar. That is bullshit.

20 Likes

I suspect that it’s more complicated than just being a function of age, but I agree that this is very likely a case where demographic factors correlate strongly with both candidate support and racism. In addition to age, I’d also propose economic factors, and living in more diverse neighbourhoods as being potentially relevant.

I would have also said that Clinton supporters’ racism numbers should have been depressed by the fact that more of her supporters are black, which implies to me that her white supporters are, on average, a bit more racist than this chart suggests. That’s assuming that her black supporters generally won’t be racist against black people - I don’t have data for this assumption but it feels pretty safe

I wouldn’t be too comfortable with that assumption.

Clinton support skews older and more conservative, regardless of race. She has the portion of the Black community that supported the crime bill of Clinton Mk1.

6 Likes

Considering he is still passing /pol/ memes along on his twitter, that’s impossible to deny.

yeah, those are the “If ya can’t beat 'em, join 'em” antisemites…

1 Like

Who is the only major candidate who didn’t go to the AIPAC conference? Yeah, I bet that Bernie still has anti-Zionist supporters.

There are no “stats” available to establish the “truth” of racism, racist new guy.

Generalizing about social values based on racial categories is inherently unscientific.

It’s something racists do to try and feel entitled and “normal” about their racism. It’s not normal.

11 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.