Sarah Cooper lip syncs Trump talking about lobsters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/sarah-cooper-lip-syncs-trump-t.html

7 Likes

Considering they put a tariff on trucks in the 60s over Europe’s tariff on chicken and it stands today, I don’t think they are going to change for lobsters either.

ETA - This guy is a fucking idiot who knows nothing of the global economy. No one is “ripping” us off.

This schmuck Bob Hamilton is running for Senate in Kansas as a Republican. He runs a large plumbing business (he must have a corporate office near me, as I’d see a parking lot full of pink vans and trucks on occasion). His credentials is that he has 12 kids and wants to help Turmp stop China from ripping us off.

9 Likes

queen! keep em coming sarah.

9 Likes

I think the best way to avoid anyone being ripped off is to abolish capitalism. That seems to be the root problem, honestly. Well, that and the horrible people who wield it.

I’m only slightly kidding.

9 Likes

This awesome woman needs her own talk show or something similar to what Trevor or Oliver have. F’ing hilarious every time she posts something!

1 Like

No, please let her just do her thing. Don’t make her change. This is perfect. Unless she absolutely pushes for something like that herself, just leave her alone, networks, will you?

6 Likes

Probably her best one yet!

Is it just me or is she Emilia Clarke in makeup? The resemblance is striking. Bring up her brother and threaten to pour a pot of molten gold over his head and see what she does.
That’s the standard Emilia Clarke test.
Well actually it’s the Queen Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, Lady of Dragonstone, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons test. But it still works.

i’m just stunned at the thought of how many times she must listen to his ramblings over and over, just to get her lip syncing and facial expressions down so perfectly. she deserves some kind of medal.

22 Likes

I’m with you. I can barely listen to his garbage-throated voice even when somebody else’s face is on the screen.

8 Likes

I heard an interview with her recently, I think on Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me. She said it’s horrible, listening over and over, but it’s so much worse for her husband, who has to hear it, too, but not for a creative purpose.

And side note, as a Mainer (or “Mainiac” as we like to call ourselves), there was no trade issue with lobster until T-bag started his trade war. Blaming the EU for this is like blaming China for his manufactured soybean/corn trade problem that the Midwest farmers are facing.

19 Likes

omg, it never occurred to me that her family might have to put up with it, too. heroes, they are all heroes.

9 Likes

I just learned that Sarah Cooper is married to a friend of mine from high school. Unsurprisingly he’s a funny guy (not nearly as funny as her).
Small world.

6 Likes

I had to stop when he got to asking David to come in. I wonder if the people close to him are so exposed to Trump’s random ramblings that they sound normal to them, or if they are just riding his word-salad tiger in the hope of making it rich and cashing in.

1 Like

Speaking of weird interference in the economy that messes with the auto industry, let’s start a petition to Biden to get the Toyota Hilux in the US.

1 Like

sounds like this was a conversation with noted lobster and trump-presidency prototype, former maine governor paul lepage. who, after finishing his term as my state’s governor, promptly moved to florida and periodically threatens to return.

On the other hand, performers like to make a living. I hope she has something in the works. She’s incredibly talented and funny.

2 Likes

That was a great interview. Gave me new appreciation for what she’s doing!

2 Likes

Me, too! And I hadn’t known about her other stuff before, but it’s hilarious (and sadly spot on): https://thecooperreview.com/
The leadership strategies for women could have been taken right from my informal training.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure her videos are amazing but I haven’t watched them because I won’t listen to that voice even once when I can at all avoid it.

1 Like