Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave WH Press Secretary job by end of month, Trump tweets

May she never work again.

9 Likes

Ah. I’m sure this will be forgotten until the next time she violates the Hatch Act and people raise the alarm bells and nothing happens … again.

23 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking “Wasn’t that at least two years ago?” Oh, I see… again. Well, he won’t fire her, again.

As for backfilling SHS’s job, I figure they might rotate Katrina Pierson back in front of the cameras.

5 Likes

As poor a rendering as the trumpbot is, they did get three things surprisingly right:

• The ill-fitting suit
  • The wee tiny hands
  • The overall sense of existential dread it inspires
11 Likes

Haven’t we heard this before? Why should anyone believe it now?

1 Like

Mooch! Mooch! Mooch!

EDIT: the almost always great Lili Loofbourow has a fine take on Sanders’ legacy, including this insight:

Her value—and Scaramucci never understood this—was her ability to [loyally normalize despicable conduct] in a distinctly un-Trumpish way. Rather than be sensational or offensive or inflammatory, Sanders was staid and dull. In an era characterized by “White House in chaos” headlines, her repressive calm served an essential function. “Sanders possesses a unique talent that, heretofore, has not quite been considered a talent: She can deaden a room,” Jason Schwartz wrote at Politico. As a public servant, Sanders was abysmal. As a public speaker, she was subpar. But as the first line of Trump’s defense, she was absolutely indispensable.

7 Likes

I really expected it to be Kellyanne after the release of the report showing she’d broken the law multiple times with blatant Hatch Act violations. But of course not, because: Hey, the law doesn’t matter anymore!

As for distractions: it’s clearly going to be a war with Iran, now that Pompeo has declared that Iran was responsible for attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman this morning. It’s the excuse they’ve been trying to create for a while now.

8 Likes

Good riddance. She’s been a terrible Press Secretary, and has shown herself to be a terrible person.

3 Likes

Heck of a job Sanders

I’m thinking more like hobby lobby, chick-fil-a, or the nra

21 Likes

Unpopular opinion: Better to keep SHS, because we know every appearance she makes will be a risible load of inept extemporaneous bullshit, just like last time, just like next time. Keeping her would be great because we’ve finally all learned that it’s safe to ignore her; whatever she’s on about is a distraction anyway.

Replacing her, or stirring controversy by not replacing her, will only kick off a new cycle of media coverage, speculation and distraction.

4 Likes

The swamp monsters are always replaced with bigger monsters.

8 Likes

There is something about the attacks that real does feel like they are trying to create something. Like the first round was supposed to work but fell short. I can just envision the Saudi forces in their diving gear with some bone saws for good measure. I trust all sides involved to absolutely lie. Who knows when or if we will actually see an explanation that is believable.

12 Likes

I have sources that say the top contender for the job is John Barron, a long time Trump spokesperson and a great guy who has done the best, the most beautiful job, of any jobs, ever, or so some people are saying, I would say that too, a beautiful job. He will be working remotely for the moment but I am sure we will be hearing from him often. Mostly via twitter statements (what you people call tweets, so undignified, even if I do send most of mine from my golden toilet) it’ll be beautiful. Beautiful.

17 Likes

I’m laughing and cheering… and wondering what sort of sycophantic monster will be next. After all remember how we hated spicer before this?

3 Likes

Yeah, it would be weird, right when the US has moved into the area, spoiling for a fight, that Iran would suddenly decide, “Hey, I think this would be the perfect time to randomly attack some tankers!”

14 Likes

Her boss tweeted it?

Put me down for team brainworm.

1 Like

“Gawd wanted me to quit”

9 Likes

Given that her last press briefing was in January, she’s not even trying to keep up appearances.

https://twitter.com/maeganvaz/status/1128789925791502338

23 Likes

$180k a year is pretty good for doing just that.

10 Likes