Satan falls for 2020 in a perfect year-end ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/03/satan-falls-for-2020-in-a-perfect-year-end-ad.html

14 Likes

Agreed: this is perfect. Graffiti in the TP-swiping scene says “Kepler1649c”, the most “similar planet to Earth” found so far by the Kepler Space Telescope. Perhaps indicating an escape fantasy?

13 Likes

So the character from Legend is Satan? So much for Lucifer “the bearer of light” given the name “Darkness”. (“Well just look at 'im! red, goat legs, Tim Curry inside… who else?”)

7 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPq23RWpgPM

12 Likes

I like how she’s bootlegging the movie they’re watching.

Also, there’s a Wilhelm scream at the very beginning.

what are the objects in the water at 0:43 on the left side? They look photoshopped in, like the zapped squirrel and the dog being held back by its owner in the earlier scene.

6 Likes

…posing in front of a dumpster fire

2 Likes

It just goes to show there is someone for everyone.

8 Likes

They’re ducks. The dark neck and head blend with the background well making the lighter-colored bodies appear odd. Not 'shopped as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Just seems suspicious given that everything else in the video is so purposeful.

They look more like water roombas, something 2020 hasn’t given us yet but there’s a month to go.

1 Like

Part 2 just dropped

21 Likes

murderducks…

monstrous laugh

4 Likes

Gotta love the gypsy jazz in Part II. I’ve used similar library music in way too many projects.

2 Likes

The “by Shakespeare” is beautiful.

13 Likes

Of course it was.

12 Likes

:cry:

6 Likes

Notice at the beginning that ‘two zero two zero’s’ Match icon is a murder hornet? Gotta love all the little details in these.

5 Likes

Hang in there, buddy!

6 Likes

Few more

At 1:10 he’s resisting being pulled up the steps of a church.

In the dumpster fire scene he has teeth lining his fanny pack.
And a discarded scooter in the background.

1 Like

It can take a few years! :neutral_face:

1 Like

I reaaaaaalllly don’t want to give this website any free PR. However, this ad is flawless.

It figures it has Ryan Reynolds as director - I adore that guy!

2 Likes