Satisfying video of the world's fastest shopping cart smashing into a wall

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/23/satisfying-video-of-the-world.html

2 Likes

It would have gone even faster, but…

14 Likes

Ahhh! My eggs!

8 Likes

Test Dummy in 3…2…

6 Likes

That’s a relief. For a moment there I thought you said “legs”.

4 Likes

Some years ago, in this parking lot:

…and utilizing a car that looked a lot like this one (albeit with faded paint and a half-full Gatorade bottle glued to the roof over the rear–driver’s side–passenger’s head):

…I may or may not have helped a shopping cart accelerate to around 45mph. And while it did achieve a brief but glorious bit of uncontrolled flight, the shopping cart survived the experience relatively unscathed.

Large parking lots + unsecured shopping carts + cheap-ish gas + mentally stunted American male + mildly ratty car = hilarious hijinks

10 Likes

And they get extra points for dramatic lighting.

3 Likes

That’s a feckin’ good cart.

9 Likes

The loaf of bread at 00:19-00:23, tho!

1 Like

Yea, I was disappointed not to see any jet engines. Where did that picture come from? These claimants to the throne might be entirely illegitimate.

1 Like

Watermelon FTW!

Actually there is a competitive claim to this shopping cart speed genre:

Built by: Matt McKeown
Base vehicle: Chinook helicopter
Record speed: 74.194mph [119.404kph]
Fancy a high-speed trip to the shops? Look no further than this mishmash-mesh hybrid, which uses a modified starter motor from an army helicopter to produce 400lbs of jet thrust.
Built by McKeown in just three weeks at a cost of £4,000, it is stabilised with go-kart wheels and – rather precariously - by the 54-year-old rider hanging his butt of the back.
McKeown said: "I have a compulsion to take mundane but iconic objects and see how fast I can make them go. Standing on the back of a jet shopping trolley at 75mph looks silly but it’s the best place to be if it goes wrong.”

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/stories/1331753253830/meet-the-real-life-whacky-racers

6 Likes

The jet carts are fun, but they all have modified wheels, so the crash video is still more “authentic”.

1 Like

I’m in love.

2 Likes

No. No it’s not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.