Save over 30% on these truly wireless custom moldable earbuds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/06/save-over-30-on-these-truly-w.html

Sometimes, they’re too small. Other times, they’re too large.

Mine were just right. But Goldilocks borrowed them and never gave them back.

2 Likes

I betcha my true custom molded earbuds have a better fit and seal. This DIY stuff is pretty laughable. Plus, wireless for high fidelity? Who are you kidding here?

1 Like

I’ve had two sets of professional, custom-molded in-ear monitors. At first I thought they rocked, because I felt like I had the same cool monitors that musicians do with armature drivers, all custom molded to fit my ear canals. The fidelity was good, and the noise isolation excellent. However, the shells are made of hard, unyeilding plastic and it was hard to twist them in, and sometimes downright painful if you twisted them just wrong. And if you move your jaw position it changes the shape of your ear canal just enough to lose the seal. And the shape of your ear canals can change overtime, so even though they’re expensive and durable, they are not necessarily a lifetime fit item. I get a better fit with standard in ear monitors than I do with custom fit ones, because standard ones have flexible seals, whether it’s foam or a silicone gasket, that let me move my mouth without losing the seal. Don’t know if I would bother trying to do some sort of half-assed, halfway version of custom molded IEMs.

2 Likes

I am confused, you say try at $50 off at $149.99 and the pictured ad shows a regular price of $98.99 with a special price of $149.99… someething doesn’t add up.

1 Like

And they are also both over 30% and 33% off but, curiously, not 25% :thinking:

BoingBoing Store has a somewhat Trumpian relationship with facts when it comes to discount pricing math.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.