School shooting: Two dead in UCLA campus murder-suicide

England wasn’t that rainy when I went. Which was IIRC in October.

FWIW, I had a relative who used a hunting rifle. Really, really horrible for a loved one to find.

2 Likes

You mean to commit suicide? That does sound awful.

No, I said “places”. I just want to make the point that Just as the availability of guns does not necessarily lead to a culture of violence, the addition of poverty to the equation does not always lead to gun violence, either. And the people there have all kinds of guns. We spend part of the year there, and you can often hear gunshots. But it is nothing to be alarmed about.
And I am not even saying that guns do not add to the problem, in places where such violence is an issue. But I do believe that there is much more to it. Of course, I do not live in Chicago, Los Angeles, or New Orleans. But I am invested in the controversy because I have a large collection of guns, many of which were collected by my Father and Grandfather. And I have kids, who deserve to live in a safer world.
But most of the rhetoric around the issue of gun violence seems to come from extremists on either side of the issue. The solution to gun violence in Los Angeles is not to disarm ranchers in Western Colorado. I am not contributing to your problem.

1 Like

40 English summers would do it for me…

1 Like

Very few people are trying to take all the hunting rifles and shotguns away from ranchers in Western Colorado. Most of us would just like to have gun laws on par with other developed countries (many of which have active hunting cultures but almost no privately owned handguns or assault-style weapons).

4 Likes

Hell, do other countries have government agencies that can maintain gun registries and do research on gun related incidents?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.