Science FTW

5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

New brain map reveals thousands of cell types

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/14/brain-cell-map

6 Likes

That is great. Imma have to watch the second half (and her other vids) later, cos I have to go to bed soon, but cheers for that :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Dr. Fatima is awesome!

3 Likes

She is. And so is her fancy chair!
(It is a really nice chair)

2 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

That story, and the company website, are frustratingly vague about what their storage mechanism actually is.
They say they’re using electrolysis, absorbing hydrogen into some solid for storage, and using a fuel cell to get power and heat back out. I wonder what the round-trip efficiency of the whole process is, and if this solid storage system can hold a hydrogen charge for a long time without leaks.

4 Likes

… there seem to be a lot of “private company announces amazing breakthrough” stories that are never heard about again :thinking:

4 Likes

This vaguely reminds me of something Mercedes-Benz was fiddling with in the late 1980ies (I think). Storing hydrogen on board a vehicle to run the ICE on, but without using cryogenic tanks. Some sort of metal-based matrix to keep the hydrogen in, in a kinda gaseous-but-not-gaseous state. I seem to remember a little fleet of Sprinter vans with heavy metal cylinders in the cargo area.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t4:

6 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

How many steps a day is enough? Health benefits may start at 2,500?

4 Likes

Baby steps!

6 Likes