Scientists accidentally made a vicious mutant attack hamster

:thinking: Hmm…

12 Likes

it took me a minute, but I believe he’s cribbing at least part of the melody from Skynyrd

3 Likes

2020: Murder hornets

2022: Murder hamsters

12 Likes

Aw, those wild hamsters look so cute. :heart_eyes: I’ll bet there are Egyptian hieroglyphs of cute kittens, too…because that’s how they get you to drop your guard and let them inside.
Kitten Meow GIF
Yada, yada, yada, five millennia later…

lesson studying GIF

Angry Cat GIF
Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

cat dragging GIF
We’ve got enough overlords…leave the hamsters alone! :pleading_face:

20 Likes

Yah, that little riff has always stood out but to the weird al fandom, this is one of only a handful of songs that aren’t a direct or even a style parody of anyone specifically.

2 Likes

Great gif use!

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

15 Likes

If I discovered that an emotional regulator mechanism was actually standing in the way of constant aggression, rather than inhibiting unlimited friendship, I think I’d be concerned by the prospect that I had learned something important about the world’s actual default settings.

(edit: I’m reminded of how robots in the Fallout universe work: for reasons that seem crazy, but are perfectly on brand for the setting, all robots(even consumer and industrial models) have a ‘combat inhibitor’ that prevents them from descending into frenzied violence, rather than, y’know, not having combat logic. It has a gameplay use, you can damage the combat inhibitor to frenzy a robot and turn it on nearby foes; but it also exemplifies the universe’s approach to product safety.)

13 Likes

Dare To Be Stupid was another, right? it was referencing DEVO, but not any specific song, or so I thought.

3 Likes

Oh that is one of his style parodies which to me have always been better songs than his direct parodies.

But AOTRHFAPNM is one of those that is wholly original. Other examples: Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung, Hardware Store, She Never Told Me She Was A Mime and Melanie.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Recommended viewing in the remaining time before the adorable apocalypse

7 Likes

This came to my mind as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did not have Khan Hamsters on my 2022 bingo card.

7 Likes

Are they not likelier to take over Texas politics without as much obeisance to CCP priorities?
I mean, unless it turns out they can’t pantomime making automatic rifle bacon on twee ARs.

6 Likes
2 Likes

“It’s the Pax, the G-23 paxilon hydrochlorate that we added to the air processors. It was supposed to calm the population, weed out aggression. Well, it worked. The people here stopped fighting. And then they stopped everything else. They stopped going to work, stopped breeding, talking, eating. There’s thirty million people here and they all just let themselves die… I have to be quick. About a tenth of the population had the opposite reaction to the Pax. Their aggressor response increased beyond madness. They’ve become… They’ve killed most of us, and not just killed, they’ve done… things…”

9 Likes

3 Likes

Isn’t this the beggining of the Korean zombie show “All of us are Dead”?

4 Likes

Animals are complicated and its hard to predict the effects of gene modulation. That’s why we don’t let our CRISPR locust swarms out of the lab until we’ve had an undergrad do at least 2 hours of testing for horror movie side-effects

The article is published in PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Science). no relation to either the journal “Neuroscience” or “Journal of Neuroscience”

9 Likes

Don’t forget Weasel Stomping Day!

2 Likes