Scientists find strong evidence for an underground lake on Mars

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/30/scientists-find-strong-evidenc.html

4 Likes

Some day we’re going to get to Mars, rig a livable environment around this lake, and some drunken tourist is going to drown in it.

8 Likes

Everywhere on earth that there is liquid water there is life. Just saying.

4 Likes

I hear the palm trees were a dead giveaway.

5 Likes

Dam Martians!

3 Likes

This is cool and all, but I’m a little concerned Elon Musk is going to deliberately trap a youth soccer team there just so he can be the only one to rescue them.

7 Likes

Sounds like we found the perfect proving ground for future Europa drilling missions.

1 Like

How long till we see a bottle of Martian Water hit the market?

1 Like

Could happen tomorrow. Just call your stuff Martian Water w/o actually having Martian Water to sell. Capitalism waits for no man.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Meanwhile, at NASA:

“Yes sir, the latest images from Curiosity are coming in now… we’ll send them over as soon as… what’s this…?

Oh. My. God.

What? Um, no not you sir… Ah…hum, we have a situation here. Someone shut down the online feed from Curiosity and call the White H - no, belay that, don’t call that idiot. Does anyone have a number for the Scottish Parliament? We need to talk to them right away about those guidelines they published last month…”

Morag-of-Loch-Morar

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.