Scientists revive brain cells and other organs in dead pigs

Originally published at: Scientists revive brain cells and other organs in dead pigs | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Match Game question

“So now dead pigs are smarter than live _______”

4 Likes

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

8 Likes

8 Likes

Frankenswine, lives!

6 Likes

Reminds me of the scene of forensic medical resurrection in Greg Egan’s “Permutation City” (edit: sorry “Distress” - it’s been forever since I’ve read it.)

4 Likes

She then said, “And with strange aeons, even death may die.”

12 Likes

Good god - will know one listen about boarpacalypse??? And now you want to reanimate them??

3 Likes

Getting closer to that zombie apocalypse every day…

sub-buzz-1006-1616714233-12

5 Likes

“We presume death is a thing, it is a state of being,” she said. “Are there forms of death that are reversible? Or not?”

9 Likes

MAGA Republicans.

4 Likes

I do wonder if they’ll get beyond “some,” though. Some organ function is probably not useful for transplants, though it might be very useful for experimentation. I just can’t imagine that an organ with “some” function is what you want to stick in your body, under really any circumstances. As for reviving people - having “some” organ function means still being mostly dead

3 Likes

Between this and the NecroRobot spiders, I think I’ve had enough of this timeline.

2 Likes

Ever heard a pig scream before? If one of those brains ever went telepathic, we’d have a Watchmen scale apocalypse.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.