Scott Adams: without access to sex, men can become killers

Oh FFS. Really?

Great gif, but don’t wear it out.

Don’t make me break it out then! :wink:

1 Like

So, what - I’m not allowed to invoke the fact that men are considered cannon fodder without being branded MRA?

I’m going for a pacifist angle here for crying out loud.

Certified genius Scott Adams has just warned us he’s going to start killing people if he can’t hug someone. Has anyone notified the police?

5 Likes

I was a happy, married dude of sixteen years until April. Now I am something different, but it isn’t angry. Except at my neighbor, which I’m gonna hide a dead crab in his car.

8 Likes

There’s a loaded phrase! I find that it is a constant struggle to remind people that they can’t guess what other people’s traditions might be.

Lard’s track “Forkboy” springs to mind!

We came, we peed, we conquered, you bleed!
The choice, forkboy or finger food,
ugly joy
What does it replace?
Why wait
when you can eat yourself alive today?

1 Like

To be fair, certified genius Scott Adams made several points:
1: Scott Adams is very angry because women won’t have sex with him
2: Women won’t have sex with Scott Adams because he’s very angry
3: This is all the fault of women because Scott Adams is wired this way

Gosh, I wonder why?

8 Likes

Everyone gets one do over; it is the serial unstable relationship people that raise flags for me. Like, married 3 times, etc.

And @M_Dub I am sure being very rich and somewhat famous means Scott Adams could go on plenty of dates, if he really wanted to. It actually seems really odd that a rich semi-famous person would be complaining about general relationship (or even just sex) availability in the first place…

4 Likes

Such a great album cover… it’s apropos.

Love me some Lard.

3 Likes

I think there is a certain expendability that goes with the territory, and being labelled a hero is not incompatible with that (just as traditional untouchable respect for mothers does not mean that the position was one of privilege). Being assigned a particular role in the patriarchy can suck even if there are other roles that suck in different ways.

4 Likes

6 Likes

It’s interesting to see how Isis treats Yazidi prisoners in this regard. Men and adolescent boys are slaughtered, women are taken off to be sold as sex slaves and young boys are taken to be indoctrinated into the Isis war machine. I guess the idea is that women and children are more fungible and their views make less of a difference if they can be forced to comply. All of these are victims of horrific atrocities, but the press seems to view the wholesale murder of men of fighting age or younger, or the wholesale indoctrination of young boys into a brutal regime to be much less problematic than the wholesale rape of women of childbearing age or younger (I’m not trying to suggest that the men have it worse either, it’s just that forced child soldiers probably suffer similar levels of trauma to rape victims, and they are hardly mentioned).

I don’t think it’s that problematic to say that patriarchy treats everyone like shit, and we all have a lot to gain from a more equal society where everyone is valued. (That doesn’t mean that there aren’t degrees of suckiness, just that it isn’t a zero sum game).

6 Likes

Rape as a weapon of war is a time honoured tradition going back centuries, so its barely worth mentioning! /s

side note: I literally had a member of the military wave his hand in dismissal and state that soldiers with PTSD from serving were “worse” off than women in the rape camps in Sarajevo. So rape, as a tactic of war… its just accepted. Women are indeed fungible.

8 Likes

I am Mr. Bells’ third wife, but then he grew up Mormon so at least he didn’t marry us all at the same time, right? :wink:

And re the article, I cannot get past “access to women” like we’re a fucking Disneyland ride Obama won’t give you an E-ticket for.

14 Likes

Put in enough friend/nice tokens into your local woman and the sex just pops out! Right?

6 Likes

Yes, easily manipulated, dumb little things… That… Wait, she won’t give me what I want?!? RAAAAAWR!!! Kill!!!

Essentially. I like the empathy thread better.

4 Likes

Thank Homer the original for that. I’m sure it predates his writing, but he published first.

1 Like

Not really. Mastering the complex social nuances of dating and relationships can be difficult, especially for an angry, misogynistic asshole like certified genius Scott Adams.

4 Likes

Well, maybe. But first I have “drink and lighting preferences” which sounds like he’s been keeping a woman in a dark closet with no food or water.

Edit: Oh, sorry it was “temperature” preferences. So a dark unheated basement then.

3 Likes

Also in the cold! Bitches! Always complaining about the air temperature! amiright?!

Hahaha! YES! It is obvious, in his “mansion” he has a dungeon.

1 Like