Reddit shuts down Incel forum

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/09/reddit-shuts-down-incel-forum.html

4 Likes

Wow, at both Reddit actually cracking down on misogyny and just how brazenly depraved a circlejerk can get if you let it go long enough.

27 Likes

Ugly and terrible. If you will excuse me veering far off topic, imagine a country where there are significantly more men than women and even greater income disparity. I really believe that the PRC is headed towards a great level of social disorder fueled by rural poor who are unable to get girlfriends and wives because more wealthy city-dwellers have scooped up the women and taken them to the city.

8 Likes

ef9c6aece617fe59194ea6573dc23d206f6199e2_1_666x500

4 Likes

Given that GamerGate, which many credit for aiding and abetting the rise of the neo-Nazi alt-right, was literally started when Zoë Quinn’s whiny sex-starved ex-boyfriend wrote a 9,000 word manifesto about getting dumped, there’s no underestimating how scary some guys get when they can’t get laid.

45 Likes
22 Likes

Why did they use the handle r/Incels? was r/butthurtbros already taken??

10 Likes

Thank god for Jim Sterling

20 Likes

You seriously think this guy had something like Gamergate in mind when he wrote his letter?

2 Likes

By no means do I think he planned Gamergate out when pouring his soul into an angry manifesto about his ex-girlfriend and their crumbling relationship. But he most certainly took an active hand in the targeted harassment that it inspired and has been quite cheery about what GG became.

29 Likes

Nice try but no. I want nothing whatsoever to do with the Cervonovich crowd. This doesn’t make the original issue go away.

1 Like

Man, I wonder why they can’t get laid.

17 Likes

Not fooling anyone posting to 4chan.

35 Likes

Sorry, could you link to ‘all those amazing reviews for those “games” your ex published’? I can’t seem to find them.

19 Likes

Toxic masculinity has so many sub-genres, but they all come back to the same place: a self-pitying loser who thinks he’s entitled (by the terms of some “free” market of human relationships) to get laid and/or have a new mommy to clean up after him.

18 Likes

Well, you seem to have an uncredited screengrab of someone making the same assertion as you. I stand corrected.

4 Likes

You posted a standard wall of gamergate half-truths and outright lies in the plain service of diddums for one man’s sexual entitlement to a woman who did not want him. Then you ignored a request for receipts on these mythical reviews, always posed as her motive. And now you seem to have a problem with “uncredited” postings of Gjoni’s own words.

Whatever you’re trying to do, I don’t think you’re doing very well at it?

45 Likes

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_Gamergate_claims#Zoe_Quinn_had_sex_for_good_reviews

Wow, it’s like Gators can’t be assed to even try to justify their hate.

15 Likes

The smarter ones all moved on to Trump. Which is amazing, when you think about it.

18 Likes

Thanks for that. Hilarious and terrifying.

4 Likes