Reddit shuts down Incel forum

Actually, GamerGate was about ethics in journalism.

6 Likes

Makes sense; they’ve always been a generation of men who feel entitled to be treated as the hero of their story… And they’ve always punched down at others. Joining a hatemob openly led by a man who is the avatar of their feelings? Total sense.

8 Likes

There’s already danger to women anywhere near the China/Korea border. Abductions and forced prostitution. Utterly terrifying.

14 Likes

and we all know that gg was really about ethics in screengrabbing

7 Likes

I would wager a dollar and a donut that these are some of the same fine folks who got Ellen Pao ousted, while she was defending their right to have these forums.

13 Likes

“I Will Turn This Resurection Around!”

4 Likes

Oh no! The femoids and Chads are winning!

(Seriously, these guys were the Krokodil of circlejerks.)

3 Likes

It seems to have been the only sub/circlejerk universally looked down upon (though for varying reasons) in my recent experience on reddit, though I stick to mostly niche hobby/social subreddits these days.

Nice to see them actually moving on some of these subs that are hard to defend even from a freedom of speech standpoint. Timing however is kind of like latching the barn door while the demolition crew hired by the city council redevelopment board is already knocking down one wall and the horse is living under an assumed name in another country.

2 Likes

BTW: That already happened…

2 Likes

Actually, bullshit. “Gamergate” was about unfuckable men showing exactly why they are unfuckable.

9 Likes

Or rather, because women have moved to the cities to get jobs and support their families..

9 Likes

I kind of like guys who may be more likely to become mass murderers self-identifying, but I don’t think I like them possibly inciting each other, so I’m torn on this. :frowning:

1 Like

It was a joke, bro.

5 Likes

Poe’s law, “bro”.

6 Likes

There’s been some speculation that this is an integral part of why polygynous countries in the middle east produce so many suicide bombers–because of the steady supply of poor, disenfranchised and loveless men (promised many women in the afterlife, no less).

6 Likes

I believe it.

Not all men can be psychologically damaged by denial of love and sexual expression. I mean, I am pretty sure, reasonably sure that’s true?

But I know, for dead certain, that it really breaks some of us pretty badly.

1 Like

Thank God that reddit banned this place. Incels was basically all the worst parts of Reddit and was essentially significantly worse than 4chan/etc in terms of shitty places on the internet.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what sort(if any) of unfortunate influx whatever areas of the internet are either next-worst or seen as attractive takeover targets receive.

If their behavior is unsustainable without a critical mass of defective peers it might turn out OK; if it is more durable(or effective at dragging its surroundings down) there are going to be some really undesirable posters looking for new territory.

A “when reddit sends its people, they’re not sending their best…” situation that might not even need the assumption that some are good people.

2 Likes

Obligatory:

4 Likes

Wow; that’s quite an assertion o.O’.