Sean Parker, founding president of Facebook, denounces it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/09/sean-parker-founding-presiden.html

7 Likes

…and sometimes it comes up two bells, and the third bell just almost clicks in, but then it slips past and you get nothing.

11 Likes

In 50 years Fbook will be synonymous with mind poison.

13 Likes

Why wait? :smile:

12 Likes

Don’t rev my engine, you know what happened the last time…

12 Likes

Was this the Justin Timberlake character? I can only process who these people are through Hollywood blockbusters now.

10 Likes

There’s a reason a lot of tech moguls limit their kids’ access to social media. And then there’s this business about creepy YouTube videos aimed at preschoolers that’s been discussed over the past few days:

8 Likes

Has Sean Parker been Moonlighting?

6 Likes

I “liked” every comment in this thread so far.

5 Likes

Actually, even the name Facebook seems a bit outmoded at this point. Compared with what processors and their attendant gadgets, devices, peripherals, virtual environs, etc. will be able to do (and do to us) in the not-too-distant future, I speculate that the folks over at FB will be smacking themselves for having such short sight. “Facebook”…it’s so…static…and 2D. More speculation: “attention drug” will be a laugh in 30 years, when attention isn’t even remotely thought of like it is today.

2 Likes

We’ll soon have to explain to kids what a “book” is when they ask about the meaning behind Facebook.

3 Likes

IMHO, I think this is the motivation behind his statements, from Wikipedia:

The kids are likely growing up on Facebook (or other social media) and now he’s scared.

3 Likes

Like mine. Oh God, please like mine. I wanna see that little notification by my picture.

CLICK THE DAMN HEART ALREADY

5 Likes

Now you do mine!

1 Like

Facebook wants your nude photos . . . for your own protection.

2 Likes

And maybe even “face”!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.