Seattle nazi one-punch knocked out, reportedly removed armband when he awoke

Your quote exemplifies exactly why we should NOT be punching Nazis.

In your very quote that approves of punching Nazis, it immediately approves of punching people who would disapprove of punching Nazis. (Does the writer approve of also punching people who disapprove of punching people who disapprove of punching Nazis??)

Sure, punching an actual holocaust-denying Nazi in a Nazi uniform who is openly advocating Nazism can be gratifying. But this type of violence is so rarely surgically administered (see above). It almost always is done so roughly and has collateral damage to innocents. The whole “not punching people idea” is why we have the justice system, instead of, you know, lynchings and stuff.

You cannot use the tools of fascism to defeat fascism. [Edit: I guess I have to define tools of fascism. By which we mean: mob “justice”/ mob violence. With the extreme case being Brownshirts running around on trucks beating up whomever they don’t like. Landing a punch on someone in the face is not equivalent to landing on Normandy on D-Day.]

People who disapprove of punching are approving of democracy. I’m kind of surprised at the number of people on this forum are so resistant to this idea.

Fighting a war has nothing to do with what we’re talking about. See above.

You’re right. “Punching someone in the face” is simple assault and battery.

5 Likes