Seattle nazi one-punch knocked out, reportedly removed armband when he awoke

Yup. We went to war to rid the world of Nazis. Were going to nuke them.
MAGAts will go away when Trump strokes out or is in prison within 1-2 years.

13 Likes

First they came for the Nazis…
…and then we partied like it was 1999, because punching Nazis is a canonically moral and ethical good!

“Why the fuck are you a volunteer Nazi safety advocate?”
—Aamer Rahman

“Why the fuck are you a volunteer Nazi safety advocate?”
—Aamer Rahman

(Also: pretty sure that is exactly what I get to decide. You don’t get to decide what everyone else decides.)

53 Likes

MAGA hats represent separating families, the sexual abuse of stolen children and god knows what other crimes we will uncover.

Pretty “Deplorable”

The Nazi Armband? Attempted genocide of roma and jews, plus some INTENSE badness to homosexuals and mentally disabled folk.

They are coming together, however. Red hats, brownshirts, confederate flags and the swastika.

38 Likes

This is precisely what white supremacists WANT TO DO AND ARE ACTIVELY DOING. You do realize that they regularly threaten, attack, and kill people, right, and that they’ve done so for a long time, that they are responsible for more acts of terror than other groups?

So, then, even if you’re being attacked, you shouldn’t punch someone? Ever?

This is punching authoritarians.

30 Likes

I see a repost is needed:

60 Likes

Off-topic bitching about moderation will be deleted. Stay on topic or you too will be deleted.

Ad-hominem attacks incorrectly screaming other users are making ad-hominem attacks are also going to be deleted, just in case someone was unclear.

26 Likes

Why don’t you respond directly to the person who published the article first? He’s always ready to hear expressions of disappointment in BoingBoing.

Would you also ask us to hear the ideas of flat-earthers? If you want to waste your time listening to thoroughly discredited ideas head over to Stormfront. Per Karl Popper we’re under no obligation to tolerate intolerance, especially that couched in the language of violence (I look forward to your telling us about all those peaceful Nazis).

29 Likes

“Oh, won’t someone PLEASE think of the nazis!”

36 Likes

19 Likes

dogma-bob-bye-bye

26 Likes

My patience has ended for listening to people with ideas incompatible with a tolerant society. I really have no ethical problems with the casting out of people that refuse to participate in a constructive, cooperative coexistence with their fellow human. They are free to reevaluate their irresponsible position and rejoin society.

24 Likes

Given that we’re actually arguing over whether or not it’s okay to punch someone who is actively wearing a symbol of Nazi ideology, it seems pretty clear to me that all the hand-wringing over whether Richard Spencer should be punched because he’s not technically a Nazi was never about being worried that non-Nazis will start getting punched too.

37 Likes

The first amendment only says that the government can’t punish you for what you say.

36 Likes

If you had a chance to punch this guy in the face, would you?

tenor

31 Likes

The First Amendment prevents the government from abridging free speech. It says nothing about preventing individuals from doing so.

Shall we move on to 8th grade civics lessons now?

33 Likes

If you read what people are actually writing you’ll see that what people find unacceptable is not just authoritarianism, but “eliminationism”. Nazis want to kill many of us (and have killed many already).

29 Likes

Re-posting this in case anybody is in the DCNoVaMd area this weekend.

16 Likes

Fair enough. But surely you’ll agree in a more sober moment, that if it were so very plain that we wouldn’t have the ACLU (I’m a member!). For instance, if the local Seattle PD decided not to arrest the puncher, one could make that case that the government is abridging the Nazi’s free speech. No?

2 Likes

True but generally only the government has the right to use force to respond to bad behavior, short of self defense, so practically people are prevented.

Does anybody here read lips? I would love to know what that guy is actually saying.

3 Likes