Second Boeing Whistleblower dies Suddenly

Tinfoil hats firmly clamped in place…

Second Boeing Whistleblower Dies Suddenly

Published May 02, 2024 at 3:08 AM EDT

By Giulia Carbonaro
US News Reporter

A former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems who turned whistleblower has died after a sudden illness, his family announced on Tuesday.

Joshua Dean had accused Spirit AeroSystems of ignoring defects in the production of the 737 MAX, a series whose reputation has been marred by a series of crashes and safety issues in recent years.

Dean is the second Boeing whistleblower to die suddenly, after Josh Barnett was found dead less than two months ago. According to South Carolina authorities, Barnett died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Dean’s death is likely to again draw attention to Boeing, which has been under increased scrutiny from regulators and airlines since an emergency exit door blew off a Boeing 737 Max in midair in January after it took off from Portland International Airport.

Second Boeing whistleblower dies suddenly after claiming safety flaws ignored

His sudden death at the age of 45 on Tuesday came after suffering from a fast-spreading infection, according to his family and lawyer.

(Colonel Corporate Assassin in the broom cupboard with an Ebola sample?)

5 Likes

I’m getting Grosse Pointe Blank vibes here.

3 Likes

Ummm, yeah, how many times 'til it’s enemy action? Seems we are getting there. How close is Boeing to Putin?

4 Likes

Dick Wolf Wtf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

3 Likes

While it seems conspiratorial I suspect there’s really something more organically shitty happening.

Like stress from harassment may have pushed one guy to suicide and caused the other enough stress to make his health worse. Plus working people embroiled in lawsuits with employers aren’t known for having the best health insurance options and medical opportunities and hospitals can be horrible, dirty, apathetic places too.

I mean this is why things get so bad in the first place anyway…

4 Likes

A friend who was at ground zero if not actual Patient Zero during the HIV/AIDs crisis said that in his emergency department, “one is an anomaly, two is a syndrome” according to his MRP or attending.

So based on the logic of LA County Hospital Los Angeles General MC, this qualifies as a syndrome. Now waiting for the third shoe to drop…

ETA: updated term

3 Likes

I saw on mastodon an opinion about this that is worth quoting (or paraphrasing, I am unable to find it now)

“The crux of the issue is not that Boeing killed the whistleblowers, but that we think is plausible that Boeing did it.”

3 Likes