Security guard pulls gun on anti-ICE protesters inside New York FBI building

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/security-guard-pulls-gun-on-an.html

1 Like

We are hurtling toward this generation’s Kent State.

9 Likes

FPS are a bunch of gestapo thugs. They are essentially just general-use paramilitary muscle for the executive branch.

6 Likes
10 Likes

That’s the whole truth. Violence is the only tool we have left in the US, and so it’s the first thing we all turn to, immediately, in every situation.

2 Likes

Give those assholes an SUV to drive around in and they think they are the shit.

4 Likes

I see some employees and protesters not wearing there masks properly.

2 Likes

Not ‘there’. It’s ‘their’. We all see it too. We see it everywhere every day. This is not about that; it is about a guard pulling a gun on protestors, at close range.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your grammar correction. I’m eternally grateful that you weren’t totally confused about what I was saying with my egregious mistake. I will be forever in your debt.

The reason I brought up the mask is that the guard pulling the gun is that often times pulling a gun is ‘up to the officer’, for example if they feel threatened; and internal review boards typically side with the officers there. Wearing the mask improperly is not up for debate and is definitely a violation. They may be able to leverage that offense easier than the gun when trying to get the officer reprimanded.

1 Like

You forgot your /s tag. But I do correct such things because every time such things are seen and uncorrected, others see them and think they are correct. Eventually we lose subtlety of meaning, if not entire words.

You may have a point about the likelihood of a review board exonerating egregious gun-raising if the officer convinces it of their allegedly legitimate fear. I was not aware incorrect mask-wearing was a violation. Citation please - it may come in useful for many others faced with slack-masked police-persons.

1 Like

Quotes added. I witnessed some of these assholes going after someone into a parking garage at a government facility. They sped right after them, making a left turn in front of traffic without stopping, right past a pedestrian crossing people were using.

2 Likes

https://regs.health.ny.gov/volume-1a-title-10/content/section-66-32-face-coverings

Ah, you mean a violation of the regs applicable to everyone at large. Is this really likely to be something a police review board in the middle of exonerating a gun-puller (for egregious gun-pulling allegedly justified by a claimed ‘fear’) is going to want to, let alone be authorised to, enact a punishment for?

Colour me sceptical.

4 Likes

I think there is a concerted effort among elements on the Right to engineer exactly that.

2 Likes

She obviously feared for her life. You try being on the wrong side of a bunch of angry protesters getting closer and closer. Not being sarcastic at all here people. Folks are dying in these peaceful protests.

Of course the guard at the ethnic cleansing department is happy to pull a gun on people.

Yes, killed by the cops and counterprotesters. I have in fact had an angry mob approaching me, far more aggressively than the protesters and somehow despite not being a trained federal law enforcement haven’t felt the need to pull a deadly weapon on them.

3 Likes

No Cops were killed at protests. None.

I think you migbt have an issue with reading comprehension…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.