See the first trailer for "Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes"

Originally published at: See the first trailer for "Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes" | Boing Boing

1 Like

Im Good Fresh Prince GIF by Peacock

2 Likes

Fiefdom of the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

2 Likes

Listen. Strange humans living in jungles distributing forgotten technologies is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical archaeological ceremony.

3 Likes

… the first two titles were out of order, why would the rest be sorted correctly :roll_eyes:

1 Like

niiiice! this looks pretty gorgeous. Im actually kinda hyped…

(yes, and I do dig the “new” franchise so far; its pretty smart for what it is and andy serkis as cesar is just fucking amazing in every single one of them.)

5 Likes

I’ve enjoyed this new series as well. It’s a nice revisit to the base concept without just rehashing the original story like the last attempt at at the franchise did. So much so in fact that I think it’d be a terrible idea to try and bring the Taylor character back into things.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m just getting jaded by CGI faces; but I do hope that the apes get another pass to make them look less rubbery (I known that’s a bit rich given the make-up effects in the original films). :monkey_face:

Edit: fittingly the new Monkey Face emoji looks less satisfying to me than the previous one

3 Likes

I expect they will - it’s pretty common for early teaser trailers to feature unfinished or otherwise not quite up to snuff FX. I’d bet the final product will be flawless - the last movie was, to my eyes at least.

I’m 100% in on this flick. Hope it maintains the quality of the previous three.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.