Self-driving Tesla knocks over autonomous robot

Just a little bot on bot violence to check the competition.

Blockquote

You can bet if it was a Boston Dynamics robot, it would have taken the glancing blow in stride.

Blockquote

And (depending on the model) kicked the shit out of the Tesla…or just run after it not barking.

5 Likes

Didn’t I hear that this was a publicity stunt?

Glad to see the commenters here see through the fake news. Wish boingboing was better at fact checking. It just provides ammunition for the “fake liberal news” dunces.

2 Likes

Get in nerds, we’re gonna Wikipedia Brown this shit.

Two observations. The robot leans over, rather gradually, and does not seem to be imparted any momentum at all in the car’s direction of travel.

If we hypothesize that something pulled over the Promobot robot for robotic promotion purposes (gasp), we might speculate that a rope or contrivance might be visible.

ENHANCE 224 TO 176!

STOP. TRACK 45 RIGHT.

CloudApp

GIMME A HARD COPY RIGHT THERE.

It is the opinion of this agency that there appears in the video, an… apparatus.

Page me when a self-driving Tesla knocks UP an autonomous robot

cc @frauenfelder

12 Likes

^ Needs a sign: “Free Robot”

4 Likes

“You are so right Phil, and aren’t you glad it was a robot and not you or me? Let me tell you, one of those little mail droids ran over my toe the other day and you couldn’t have aired my feed then, just one long string of beeps! Oh, wait, wait, I’ve got something coming in here, yes! There’s another video feed available for this incident, let’s see that again from the victim’s view!”

2 Likes

I’m waiting for one to knock over an autonomous liquor store!
(I bet @Papasan is building one to do that right now!)

3 Likes

Yes it was: A robot company stages Tesla crash as a PR stunt, media buys it.

4 Likes

I thought this is that part of the future where inequalities also include the screwing parts. Those who have been screwed and the small percentage which screws them? That’s the current narrative we’re following, I would guess.

Or a hitch-hiking sign.

Sure, but I’d be concerned about an autonomous vehicle failing to stop after an accident, or about being a passenger in an autonomous vehicle that hits obstacles.

Though this instance of a potentially-driver-assisting vehicle probably not hitting an obstacle doesn’t really demonstrate anything. :wink:

4 Likes

Apparently Promobot is friends with Putin. Write your own caption.

4 Likes

Hey, look! It is a cold, calculating, inhuman android; shaking hands with Promobot.

8 Likes

Well, there are no robot lawyers.

Yet.

#bettercallsaul9000

5 Likes

This seems this isn’t Promobots first attempt to whip up Robot Traffic Media Fervor: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201606241041877965-russia-robot-escape/

https://cdn4.img.sputniknews.com/images/104136/03/1041360350.png

“We’ve cross-flashed the memory of the robot with serial number IR77 twice, yet it continues to persistently move towards the exit,” Promobot’s co-founder, Oleg Kivokurtsev, said.

We must stop this senseless robot-on-robot violence.

2 Likes

Said a TV network spokesman.

5 Likes

A Russian company called Promobot, which is commercializing a humanoid robot for businesses

Well, it’s worked out well for them in the White House so far.