A 10-person task force is hunting the serial cat killer in Washington state

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/29/serial-murderer-of-cats-on-the.html

3 Likes

What a fucking psychopath, whoever’s doing this.

And I mean that quite literally; killing small animals is one of the huge ‘red flags…’

34 Likes

I hope they find this creep and I hope the perpetrator doesn’t turn out to be a kid.

Animal abuse is often carried out by persons who are violent toward family members or other people.

However you look at it, it’s bad news:

14 Likes

alas if only tigers hiding in bushes where smart enough to lure such assholes with little kitten hand puppets.

10 Likes

On the mobile small screen the kitty on the poster looks like the one on the run!

But seriously this is some dark sh’t I hope they find the monster responsible

2 Likes

This has united the more fractious elements I bump into in the area. Everyone wants this guy caught and dealt with.

4 Likes

So if trump started mutilating cats in Times Square…

10 Likes

This post is going to be super upsetting if you are a cat decent person.

28 Likes

10 person task force, I just hope they don’t use typical strong arm police tactics and use some trumped up drug charges on some poor cat from the wrong side of the tracks to force them to act as an undercover informant/bait.

in all seriousness though i hope they get this guy.

Use the reward to put a contract on him.

13 Likes

Anyone who has lost a beloved friend to old age or disease or accident has wished for even just one more day with their friend. That someone would so greatly decrease these days to fulfill whatever twisted urge they have within them is so utterly loathsome.

12 Likes

Because I can deal with such things best with humor (The de-citizenship and child concentration camp stories have used up my daily hulking out rage quota) here are some appropriate memes

8 Likes

To be honest, it couldn’t make me feel less of him.

6 Likes

Sounds like they were splayed out like in Predator.

The good news is: who ever is doing this, if it bleeds we can kill it…

2 Likes

Throw the book at him, hope he’s violated in jail, etc. etc.

Seriously, though. A ten-person task force chasing a serial killer of felines? I’d greenlight that Hollywood project in a heartbeat.

7 Likes

…then Fox News would tell his idiot followers that cats were a liberal conspiracy and no cat in the country would be safe.

3 Likes

When they find the person doing this, give him a trial, when they find him guilty, draw and quarter him and disperse his body parts into the four cardinal directions.

1 Like

I’m not in favor of torture-killing cats; but it strikes me as a trifle disconcerting that there are a variety of options in human serial killing that will (and have, until they get moved to cold cases, sometimes without fairly basic forensic steps taken) attract less community displeasure and fewer official resources.

2 Likes

The fact that this person is killing these poor animals is a large red flag, but the mutilation and display of the mutilation obviously seems to signal real mental disturbance. I would hope that the relatively light prison sentence would be compounded by incarceration in a place for the criminally insane. I doubt this person is going to pass a psych test.

I don’t mind the task force for a couple reasons. First, considering the frequency of the killings, they have a decent chance of heading off future crimes and catching the cat killer while they’re being somewhat less cautious.

But secondly, killing and torturing animals is a huge red flag for someone planning to graduate to humans, if they catch this killer they might very well stop a future serial killer before they start killing.

14 Likes