Setting a rescued blue penguin free

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/11/setting-a-rescued-blue-penguin.html

12 Likes

18 Likes

5c4d0e0d2d54cfcd939c577929add916

18 Likes

Kawabunga!

4 Likes

Little blues nest in burrows onshore:

10 Likes

download

11 Likes

The little blue, fairy, or fairy blue penguin! The world’s smallest extant species of penguin. Least concern status in terms of the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s designation of species threat. Hella cute. Blue!

Not, that, like, anyone’s mom was a penguin freak pushing anyone to learn trivia about all seventeen extant species of penguin… and several extinct species of penguin, or anything.

18 Likes

I just LOVE the way he looks back a couple of times, as if unsure of this. But once the water touches his feet, he is ALL IN.

10 Likes

4 Likes

Godspeed little peng’er! Sorry that our human dark side got you into that mess in the first place.

7 Likes

:green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

You go, pen-pen!

3 Likes

Someone learned from Candice Bergen’s mistake on proper release. Picture is from her SNL monologue.
As a child, after overhearing the cook talk about serving her pet turkey for thanksgiving, she decided to set Larry free. She took him to the rooftop of a hotel in Hollywood, pointed to the Hollywood sign, and told him to go there, where turkey’s could live free. She nuzzles his waddle one last time and free’s him … and learns that a turkey will go right through the roof of a car.

1 Like

I guess he thought he’d made a friend. He kept turning around to ask “aren’t you coming?”

4 Likes

Both organisms soared with joy. Well, one of them did.

If anyone wants more NZ wildlife release videos, Massey University’s Wildbase hospital does some amazing work. And they’re at my uni!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.