Severance but with the theme from The Office (US)

Originally published at: Severance but with the theme from The Office (US) | Boing Boing

1 Like

Is this show as good as it looks? I don’t have (don’t plan on getting) Apple TV, but I saw the opening sequence to the show posted on reddit awhile back and it looks intriguing. Also the cast seems interesting. Maybe one day the whole series will be available on Blu-ray and I’ll be able to satisfy my curiousity.

Yes
(Plus more characters to meet commenting requirements.)

4 Likes

It’s probably the best season of any show I’ve seen in years. The story, cast, design, and execution are all top-notch.

4 Likes

This show is fantastic just stream it off the high seas like I do :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Severance pulled me into its gooey embrace in episode one, and did not let me go until the last second of the last credit roll. (It still hasn’t, really.) It really is incredible television. It’s patient with big subjects, handling them deftly with characters and dialog that seem so simple and mundane, but are anything but. A little too weird for Ms Skanky, but even she was riveted by the last two episodes, and couldn’t turn away. It’s not for everybody, but I cannot get enough.

2 Likes

Doubly ironic as Adam Scott was cut from the audition of the Office, and here plays a very spooky role quite a bit further from the comedic genre. All the casting choices look really riveting, well done there, with production, and storyline. 2001 meets Brazil meets the Matrix? Well, those are just a few evocations. Even a bit of the UK ‘Life on Mars’ time travel.

1 Like

I also got a dash of The Prisoner and a sprinkle of 1984.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.