Seymour Hersh: White House lied about how they found and killed bin Laden

To be fair, a few of the more interesting/entertaining/galling (a.k.a. wonderful) things here have come off of InfoWars.

didn’t it always?

forgot to close my sarcasm tag there.

1 Like

More Obama, Walmart, Jade Helm '15 and cowbell, please.

Statements from those involved in the raid (who are sworn to military secrecy under threat of massive retaliation) can not be taken as independent corroboration.

Independent media reports can only confirm that two helicopters flew in, the place was ripped up and one helicopter left. What happened to whom inside is either speculation or regurgitation of the official story by those reporters.

If you like I can Google-up a list of the times U.S. congresspeople have blatantly lied to the public.

Al-Qaida themselves are not an organised and coordinated command structure. It is a collection of various assorted militia groups who make temporary truces with eachother to fight whichever other militia group they’re at war with at the time. This is one of the reasons the wars in the Middle East are unwinnable with Western involvement. (I see that the U.S. is readying to train and supply yet another group of ‘moderates’. That’ll end well. Again.) Adam Curtis’ documentary ‘Bitter Lake’ does a good job of explaining the fractured nature of the militias, as opposed to the binary ‘good guys/bad guys’ yarn we have spinned for us.
I.e. Al-Qaida’s acknowledgement amounts to the fact that they’re pretty sure he’s not coming back. Their many different leaders have as many details as you or I.

The way I see it is, clearly, none of this is evidence.

Photographic.
You may argue that ‘shopping’ may occur. That’s irrelevant to the argument. The footage will be carefully scrutinised by many, and if convincing will be readily accepted. Myself included.

Let me just clear up, that I’m in no way a truther/birther/whichever crazy conspiratorial bent is flavour of the week. I do have a large collection of utter-nutter conspiracy documentaries though. (Stashed with my b-movies for an hilarious stoned trip down into crazytown).
The point is, when one of the most historically naughty governments in the world claims that they’ve just gone and shot the world’s most wanted cunt after 10 years on the run and lobbed him in the sea with cement shoes and NO we can’t show you any pictures because other people might get cross,
I smell fish.

Of course it’s evidence. It just isn’t proof.

But then, I haven’t seen hard proof of any famous person’s death. I didn’t witness Mark David Chapman shoot John Lennon. Nobody let me poke Ronald Reagan’s body with a stick or pore over the photographs from Kurt Cobain’s autopsy report. I didn’t examine the noose that went around Saddam Hussein’s neck and I sure didn’t see high-def video of his hanging. However I believe that all of those people probably died just as media reports said they did because I haven’t seen a shred of evidence to contradict the official stories. If I ever do see that evidence I may well change my mind.

The glaring difference between the Bin Laden story and all of your examples above is public and independent witnesses.
The only witnesses to the Bin Laden event are those who were involved politically and militarily directly with the operation.

As opposed to all those other top secret special forces missions where they invited the press to tag along?

Were those the same top secret missions involving internationally wanted and globally recognised persons that they bragged about achieving, yet were silent on providing any evidence besides a great heroic tale about their harrowing exploits?
Or were they the other kind? The short,sharp, silent ones that’re never mentioned in public.

Personally I’m much more likely to question the U.S. government when they swear they WEREN’T responsible for an act of extrajudicial execution.

1 Like

You’re halfway there. Question them when they are, and question them when they aren’t.
EDIT:
Question when they dooo
and question when they don’t
Question when they willl
and question when they won’t
doop doobie doo

Isn’t one of you supposed to call the other “sheeple” at this point?

I’m just confused as to who does it.

Yeah, I’m not really sure. We could maybe toss a coin for it?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.