Shadows from NYC supertowers are a bummer

Even if we assume (ha!) that the 10-minute thing is true, he’s still lying when he asserts that the parks ‘flora and fauna will not be affected.’ NYC residents are part of the park’s fauna, and are obviously being affected, else this wouldn’t be a story.

In days past the President typically had an open house at the White House on inauguration day as well. Even during the Civil War there was less security at the White House than there is now.

I wonder why they changed that policy.

http://www.abrahamlincolnsclassroom.org/img/assassinationnewsletter.jpg

I don’t know, some of those folks can get pretty nasty when they are starving themselves to fit into a gown for their next big gala…

The policy was changed more recently than that. When Woodrow Wilson made his Pilgrimage of the Heart to Carlisle in 1918 he had only one bodyguard.

When fact checking this I also found out that he visited on Black Eye Friday, the last Friday before Christmas, which is infamous for the amount of people who take advantage of work finishing early and are drunk and belligerent well before sunset. I don’t know how much the state brewery reduced the violence…

Beware of the Leopard

2 Likes

To make the mirrors actually throw sun where the shadow is being cast, there would need to be a lot of them, reflecting the sun one way, then backwards, then onto the park. They’d have to move constantly to ensure the sun is actually being thrown where it needs to be and they would block the views from the building itself. Finally, they’d throw shadows themselves. So yes, it’s totally out of the question.

1 Like

Of the many things I have read, by Christ I’m still kicking myself for having skipped that until later today when I can properly remedy that error.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.