Share your unpopular music opinions

I saw them live and left halfway through.

1 Like

It’s not that the Who suck it’s just that they are very boring and never did anything innovative or interesting enough to warrant the attention they got.

David Bowie mostly ruined David Bowie’s greatest songs.

And, probably the most unpopular music opinion I could possibly state: It’s okay that other people don’t have the same taste in music as me, I’m not more right than they are.

10 Likes

Oh, no, now you have gone TOO FAR. :wink:

8 Likes

One of the best albums of all time.

1 Like

Radiohead is incredibly vastly way overrated.
Bruce Springsteen is terrible.
I don’t know why anyone would claim to like Tom Waits.

3 Likes

I still like this video

4 Likes

I call this

Guilty Pleasures “I really like Yanni”

and Reverse Guilty Pleasures “Everything the Stones did before Goats Head Soup sucks”

Truthfully I share your understanding of “unpopular”, but I don’t have any opinions regarding music that are likely to get me challenged to a duel or punched in the face by a lover of any particular band. An uncle of mine used to respond to different opinions with, “Well, that’s why they make chocolate and vanilla.” It’s become my philosophy at least in part because people like me are the reason Neapolitan ice cream was invented. And I feel my own musical tastes are too out there to look down on anyone else’s.

Maybe that’s why I’d absolutely love a list of “Song-you-probably-haven’t-heard is the best song on album-you-probably-haven’t-heard”.

1 Like

4’33" is the ultimate Party song!

7 Likes

Do not panic.

1 Like

Ain’t no party like a John Cage party 'cause a John Cage party don’t stop until all the people in the world have gone home which denotes the end of the piece.

10 Likes

Forget the Group of Seven, Gyo-zo (AKA Ron Spickett) is the greatest Canadian artist!

Oops! #unpopularcanadianartopinions

Rush isn’t Prog Rock.

1 Like

Hendrix, however, could play it right, so it wasn’t all bad. I kind of have it in for Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen - not one of 'em can hold a tune in a bucket, and it’s much preferable when others (Hendrix, Nazareth, Colosseum II, Jennifer Warnes, etc.) do their songs instead. Additionally, Cohen is a rich man’s Rod McKuen.

In a word, yes. Even now.

Whether this speaks poorly of the Francophones or the Anglophones remains to be seen. The French do tend to like a more fusion-based sound.

2 Likes

My only wish is that Black No. 1 & xtian babe were on OR. I couldn’t remove anything to make room for them tho…

I lucked out and got an instrumental version of Haunted in March of '96 almost a full five months ahead of the release of the album via the PC game Descent 2 (the best of the series - spent all of that spring break playing it w/ my brother on our speedy 28.8’s!)

…an army, really? :wink: Had no idea.

Edit: Bad draft copy/paste

2 Likes

I saw a fight break out at Denny’s once in the wee hours between two punks (and then a few of their friends) over whether The Cure were touchingly authentic or twee sissy bullshit.

13 Likes

I think Martin Shkreli did us all a favour by saving us from that Wu-Tang Clan album.

11 Likes

That’s the only Billy Idol album I have, and yeah, I mostly like it.

3 Likes

15 Likes

KMFDM > Your shit music.

3 Likes