She claimed hair was in her food. Video shows she put it there herself.

Originally published at: She claimed hair was in her food. Video shows she put it there herself. | Boing Boing

5 Likes

It could have gone worse for everyone if she’d used something else to get her free meal.

7 Likes

Give me a “K”!
Give me an “A”!
Give me a “R”!
Give me an “E”!
Give me a “N”!

What´s that spell?

4 Likes

Animation Thumbs Down GIF by Holler Studios

5 Likes

I’ll do you one better…

7 Likes

The woman I take care of found a hair in her food a couple of days ago. Of course…this was at home, and it was clearly my hair. She did complain to the chef (me), but I didn’t offer her a refund. I did feel bad, though.

8 Likes

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

9 Likes

Blackburn, you say?

I read the news today, oh boy.
Four thousand hairs in Blackburn, Lancashire.
And though the hairs were rather small,
They had to count them all.
Now they know how many hairs it takes to get your dinner comped.
You’re barred, please don’t come back’

Things you learn when googling.
https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2015/april/royal-albert-hall-was-furious-over-beatles-lyric-newly-discovered-documents-reveal/

10 Likes

This is the sort of assholery best dealt with by a spot of light naming, shaming and banning from every restaurant in the country.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I would have been kind enough to blur out her face.

8 Likes

“Furious”? :rofl: - pull the other one - this is so tongue in cheek that I’m amazed the missive didn’t have tear stains from them laughing so hard at their attempted drollery:

11 Likes

Blackburn born and bred. So proud we’ve finally made it onto here.

5 Likes

These dumb dumbs don’t realize that they’re always being recorded. Bobert comes to mind lol

2 Likes

No such thing as bad press, eh? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The most generous possible explanation is that she was a hungry person who did not have enough money for a meal. But even then it would be an asshole move because it makes someone else look like they were the one in the wrong. At least the dine-and-ditch method doesn’t slander the people who prepared the food.

3 Likes

She wasn’t wrong-there was hair in her food. She just added it herself. The stupid part was blaming the business. I’ve had all sorts of stuff “found” in products including a piece of glass about 1.5” long from the neck of a bottle. It was supposedly found in a scone from a batch mixed by hand in a modestly sized bowl. If it had been there my hand would have been lacerated mixing the dough.

4 Likes

Adding a whole new set of complaints to your batch of scones. “Are these supposed to be red?”
(Shudder)

3 Likes

It’s the secret ingredient in proper latkes!

1 Like

Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Customer: “Waiter, there’s a hair in my food!”
Waiter: “I’m so sorry, allow me to remove it and replace it with a fly.”