Sheer netting transformed into wearable sculpture

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/11/sheer-netting-transformed-into.html

2 Likes

Okay, I never looked at it that way before. But really, what would you think if you ran into those models in… real life?

It’s Facial Appropriation!

1 Like

The Spring Collection? So this was last Fall?

You wouldn’t though - that’s the haute couture collection - which is to say it’s art - for arts sake. The art of the designs influence and shape everything else - but that’s the ‘art only’ version of the designers work.

If you are looking for practical try this (from the same designer):

Asking for the artistic fashion to be reasonable is like asking why a Bugatti Veyron costs 2.5 million and can’t be driven to a tenth of it’s ability on a public road.

4 Likes

Just need to find a nice sari for spring and find a curator of faces from Heavy Metal, and I’m in some kind of business! Roll for wisdom, fashion week! (Article is Sept., relevance is present.)

Now -there’s- a Conde-Nast site that requires a cloudfront (and/or a stack of print) to see more than one image. Holding out for LoudCrunt, CNauthThrunt, something a little more bespoke.

2 Likes

“Asking for the artistic fashion to be reasonable is like asking why a Bugatti Veyron costs 2.5 million and can’t be driven to a tenth of it’s ability on a public road.”

So, so, so much this. I could wax on and on (and likely will) about how much I agree with your statement, the subtlies, the art, but instead I will leave a single pillar.

I agree.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.