Sheet pan recipes make weird but efficient party food

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/01/sheet-pan-recipes-make-weird-b.html

3 Likes

Well I mean you could also like buy a pizza

2 Likes

Yeah, came here to say I like to fill my sheet pans with pizza…

(Thanks to Kenji for the Spring Street pizza recipe)

6 Likes

Not in a million years do I believe anyone seeking “efficiency” mixed small batches of half a dozen types of dessert. That’s a terrific way to work your ass off yet not have much to show for it.

8 Likes

Exactly. There’s absolutely no minimization of cleaning here. If anything there’s more. There’s a ridiculous amount of advance mixing/cooking for the desserts and the paninis. The desserts would take at least 5 mixing bowls and the paninis would take at least three pans. Not worth it in my opinion when you’ll end up with a small amount of each item. Not to mention there’s no way those desserts all cook at the same rate. Some would be burned and others would be undercooked.

3 Likes

Still, this is so much better than the Heathers reboot.

4 Likes

Yep, the criticism makes sense, but I’d still do this. Probably more than once.

I like the concept, hate the execution. That said, sheet pan fajitas are a lifesaver if you’re serving more than like 2 people. Same for like the pizzas and other things where you’re maybe splitting up two similar things.

The rest of these… possibly a good idea if you’re using pre-prepped ingredients. That said, I don’t know where to get pre-made brownie batter in the same way that they sell premade cookie dough.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.