Shiny things exist! And Brainspore is handsome and mad with power! Meow

I have something like that from being in Cubs. I don’t think I earned many badges though. Hating the outdoors is not a good quality for a cub scout.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten more than 10 likes on a post… and does the parenthesis at the bottom mean the number of times I got that? It says (x15)…

Good lord, I am an amateur… you have 251 badges!

Now I have to amp up my game to get more badges, else I’ll feel totally inadequate as a human being. I NEED LITTLE WIDGETS ON THE INTERNET TO TELL ME MY WORTH, DAMMIT!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m kind of thinking that goes beyond “bravo” into “I should probably get help” territory. (Me, not you)

3 Likes

When it says “granted” does that mean some maniac deliberately gave me this thing?

3 Likes

Some maniac wrote a script to give you it.

1 Like

The wording made me wonder if it was somehow granted by someone rather than just mysteriously… granted

I wonder what the prerequisites are. I don’t have many other badges. Maybe the algorithms recognised my natural affinity to computers.

Ok, drop “Great Post” to 50, but keep the 100 as the “Golden Banana Post”

12 Likes

We have had comments with more than 50 likes, for example:

(53 likes)

(59 likes)

The second comment is very impressive, as @Happy_Professor seems to have the record number of likes in a single comment and an average of 35 likes per comment. Apparently there’s nothing that happy mutants love more than being told that BB is a bad, bad website. There seem to be very few comments on this site with more than 35 likes though, so without some sort of organised attempt to reach it I think the Golden Banana is safe.

4 Likes

I’m devastated at my few badges. I really thought people liked me, but … those badge champions … wow.

I feel like I just look like the England team, while they still clung on to hope of staying in the World Cup.

4 Likes

I think my record so far is 83 likes, for a bad Photoshop I made of Nancy getting mauled by a bear. I’m not sure what that says about Happy Mutants.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I fixed that badge req, so you can see all the posts in their awesome glory

http://bbs.boingboing.net/badges/8/great-post

2 Likes

One of those posts has exactly 50 likes, including mine. I like to think that I was instrumental in making a good post great, or at least that I can take its greatness away on an evil whim.

1 Like

Top Banana?

1 Like
3 Likes

We all know @Brainspore is mad with power, now you can see what made him mad with power in one page:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/badges/8/great-post?username=brainspore

Also

• If we notify you about a badge we link to the filtered down list
  • If you click a badge from a user/badges page it filters down

Thanks Obama!

2 Likes

i had been meaning to ask for that, but i thought perhaps it was a little vain.

(many months later)

HOLY CRAP THIS IS HORRILENT™

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 961 days. New replies are no longer allowed.