Shirt at conservative website suspiciously similar to indie artist's design, but with a D on it

Maximum projection

5 Likes

And for folks who claim the left can’t think for themselves they sure have a difficult time coming up with original ideas. This ranks right up there with Trump’s “I’m not the puppet, you’re the puppet.”

11 Likes

Hopefully my comment survives. I see that there has already been a fair amount of moderation around what I’m replying to, but I feel I bring up some good points regarding the willingness of the right to bend rules and laws when it suits them, for minor things like IP theft to major things like electing horrible people.

If the moderators disagree, by all means, take it down.

You’re mighty… forgiving of them in my opinion.

I notice that Republicans are great at forgiving the faults of their own tribe, whereas Democrats tend to hold grudges no mater which party is up to no good. That’s why Democrats step down from office for slight offenses, and Republicans warp major offenses until they are a point of pride. “Grab them by the pussy” would have sunk any Dem candidate.

At the Daily Wire, unless this was an open design submission that was given to them under false pretenses, they knew they were copying the design when they made it, when they put it up for sale, and when they took it down.

They just thought they wouldn’t get caught or called out.

What they should have done was not do it in the first place.

To be clear, I’m not saying any of this with an expectation of changing your mind on anything regarding this story. Just that when I read what you wrote, I felt it had to be said.

Yeah, this is what I’m talking about above. You don’t often see that on the right because of the “win at any cost” stance the right holds. It wasn’t the left that attempted to knowingly get an accused child molester into a Senate seat.

In spite of the Moral Majority being aligned with the Right, the Right really lacks morals.

13 Likes

16 Likes

Obligatory:

10 Likes

Sure looks like someone following the “rule of 20%”, which is just a really, really good way to get your ass sued off.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html
" How much do I have to change in order to claim copyright in someone else’s work?

Only the owner of copyright in a work has the right to prepare, or to authorize someone else to create, a new version of that work. Accordingly, you cannot claim copyright to another’s work, no matter how much you change it, unless you have the owner’s consent."

4 Likes

I remember something about the sculpture behind Satan’s desk in The Devil’s Advocate. Near the end of the movie it becomes animated and moves around. The owners of the actual sculpture didn’t like it and withdrew the rights. So as released the work is blurred out through most of the film, but the animated part, which the rightsholders objected to, is still there. It got by as parody or something.

5 Likes

I like how the one defender of Mr. “facts don’t care about your feelings” came in to white-knight his hero with the feeling that someone was doing him wrong, facts notwithstanding. Not that I’m surprised, at that, or at Shapiro’s lazy plagiarism.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.