Shocker: lemon-powered batteries can't power an electric supercar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/29/shocker-lemon-powered-batteri.html

3 Likes

betcha limes could work…

ok maybe not:
Fruits and fruit juices high in acid
lemon juice (pH: 2.00–2.60)
limes (pH: 2.00–2.80)
blue plums (pH: 2.80–3.40)
grapes (pH: 2.90–3.82)
pomegranates (pH: 2.93–3.20)
grapefruits (pH: 3.00–3.75)
blueberries (pH: 3.12–3.33)

3 Likes

at 5 cents a lime at my local grocery, certainly more economically feasible.

3 Likes

Well, aside from the supercar. :smiley:

Though I gather there’s a cottage industry renting fancy vehicles to YouTubers. I wonder if they have to tell the rental company what they plan to use them for.

1 Like

Lemons power this battery in the same way that my car runs on spark plugs.

Hell yeah I’ll be that guy.

5 Likes

In Mexico, they have oranges where the juice will eat through a Styrofoam cup. Try those.

3 Likes

I am so glad we now have a generation where people do stupid stuff and we get to watch them fail instead of them taking the cowardly easy way out and actually, you know, doing the math…
/s

5 Likes

Yep:

Trigger Warning: Income Inequality

5 Likes

Welp, that was nauseating.
I can’t say you didn’t warn me though.

7 Likes

It being in California, I would have been more impressed if they had used some sort of mechanical method for cleaning the solar panels using solar power rather than wasting water. Reminds me of when I would see people washing their driveways and sidewalks instead of sweeping (which, to be fair, I see a lot less of recently since I think the drought warnings have finally gotten through to people).

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m the first to say you shouldn’t buy one of these cars, you’ll wind up with a lemon.

4 Likes

Reminds me of this:

1 Like

On the other hand, they don’t have to worry about scurvy.

1 Like

I guess a lemon-powered electric chair would be cruel and unusual?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.