Should Apple can the Mac?

Did they ever actually sell those or have I been punkéd, searching around the EMC store site for an April Fool’s prank?

You’re welcome (I thought the same, btw).

Well, you then have an OS you can run on any x86 hardware you want, and it’s not as fiddly as a Hackintosh. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“jerwin, post:38, topic:59737”]
but isn’t one of the advantages of an ipad that you don’t have to open it?
[/quote]Yeah, but that’s after taking the iPad out (or opening a lid) of some sort of protective cover so you don’t scratch it up. And, when I wake my MacBook Pro from sleep by opening it, it’s instant. I’m up and running just as fast as any iPad or Android tablet I have. I like the portability of my Android tablets and the fact that if they get lost or stolen they cost a tiny fraction of my MacBook Pro, but as I said, as the price comes down, the incentive to get larger tablets goes down with it. My next “tablet” is probably going to be a tiny MacBook Air I pick up at craigslist or somewhere. I’m tired of the limitations of a mobile OS.

1 Like

It depends what you’re doing with it. If I want something I can carry around, hold in one hand while scrolling with the other, curl up with, etc. it’s not going to be the laptop, no matter how light.

Unfortunately, there aren’t many options for the few of us who can use a micro keyboard and can’t use a malfscreen.

Agreed, everyone has their preference. And, at times I prefer my tablet because of its tiny 7" form factor. However, I still can’t see Apple ditching the Mac laptops and I think tablet use is going down as laptops get tinier and thinner while remaining much more powerful in every way.

I just doubt they’re about to announce an 8/9" MacBook Mini where you can fold the keyboard behind the monitor, and where if it has a touchscreen it allows you to enable and disable specific gestures like the touchpad…

Or donate it to open source.

I must say, that is an excellent screen name.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.