Show Your Stripes: visualizing climate change in your location by displaying 100 years of average temperatures in color bars

Yes—

From their FAQ page:

Why are there no numbers on the graphics?

These graphics are specifically designed to be as simple as possible, and to start conversations about our warming world and the risks of climate change. There are numerous sources of information which provide more specific details about how temperatures have changed, so these graphics fill a gap and enable communication with minimal scientific knowledge required to understand their meaning.

For virtually every country or region, the stripes turn from mainly blue to mainly red in more recent years, illustrating the rise in average temperatures in that country.

This is interesting:

For each country, the average temperature in 1971-2000 is set as the boundary between blue and red colours, […]

I take that to mean that my red may not stand for the same actual temperature that your red does, but almost all of us are getting redder overall.

I think this is a really effective way to show it. And, it’s engaging.

1 Like

1 Like

Does that show levels of caffeine consumption in your household?

No it is Paul Smith’s textile/branding.

The fashion industry contributes a great deal to climate change.

Caffeine consumption stays a constant colour, interspersed with beer stripes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.