Signs that You're Addicted to BoingBoing BBS

Yeah it was making me scratch my head the other day but then the discourse app on the phone was working fine so I figured it was just a glitch.

6 Likes

I was logged out on ALL of my devices. Which was quite the reminder that at this point, I’m logged into the BBS on at least 4 or 5 devices at any given moment. :astonished:

14 Likes

…when you decide to volunteer as a mod here despite already HAVING a DIFFERENT job at Boing Boing…

28 Likes

When you see something in meatspace that’s relevant to a previous conversation here on BB, and you ‘can’t wait’ to get back online* to share it with the community…

*I don’t do social media on any of my hand held devices.

19 Likes

I was logged out on my phone the other day as well.
Luckily chrome stores the password.

5 Likes

<---- See something on TV and think "This will be 10X more entertaining ON boing ! "

7 Likes

When you try a new recipe, and while you’re stirring you think “I have to remember to take a photo when it comes out of the oven, for the Maker thread.”

18 Likes

And you always forget.

14 Likes

Yup, I did!

14 Likes

I always forget too

8 Likes

Pretty sure this means BBS is the anti-Pinterest.

15 Likes

15 Likes

How my DIY documenting goes…

1. Project turns out great…forgot to take pictures

2. Project turns out Meh…500 images

3. Long term project. Lose the pictures taken at the beginning. Only a few of the middle-bits that don’t show it off well. Finish is probably Meh, and even if it is good, I don’t have enough pictures to want to show it off.

4. Fancy Time Lapse video captured from my GoPro Knockoff. Battery dies 15 minutes into a 8 hour day.

5. Friday night, set up the DSLR on the tripod in the workshop. Fresh battery. Set it to take timed shots. Everything ready for when come back for a Saturday of wood butchering. LensCap? Oh, for the love of…

13 Likes

I personally find that before-and-after transformation photos work best when I actually remember to take the before photo.

8 Likes

This is truth. (nods)

2 Likes

When you’re reading a discussion about Planned Parenthood and you get confused because PP is everyone’s favourite hedgehog.

17 Likes

20 Likes

When you go looking through another poster’s recent posts to find a post with 9 likes so that you can screw up their nice even number of badges.

15 Likes

1001 is palindromic. the best kind of even.

10 Likes

Muahahahaha.

(No, I’m not going to boost you to 1003).

10 Likes