Silvio Berlusconi's vast but worthless art collection burdens his heirs

I don’t know if it’s that he got scammed so much as that he just has bad taste. He probably paid more or less what those works of art are worth, which is mostly very little. But just like Trump, he claimed they were worth much more.

14 Likes

So… like… how do you say “Burning Man” in Italiano?

[checks translate.google.com]

“torcia Umana”

Maybe host the party just outside Napoli:

you’re welcome

6 Likes

I smell a pool flood in the near future.

9 Likes

Buy a massive warehouse and build a labyrinth in it using art as walls.

7 Likes

Does it include the “Fallen Madonna with the big boobies”?

5 Likes

They’re practically worthless now that he’s declassified them.

4 Likes

The salient point I took from this article is that Silvio Berlusconi is dead.

And it warms my heart to think that others just like him will (sooner or later) follow.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

More evidence that one of the core design principles of Dictator Chic is that money can’t buy taste.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Obligatory background reading on dictator chic.

3 Likes

Translation: “Oh no, papa’s money laundering connections in the art world won’t work with us”

6 Likes

Berlusconi aped in hard in the NFT Web3 space. 'Twas his final death wish.

4 Likes

He stole a bunch of other stuff, too… the man has seriously sticky fingers. (He hasn’t claimed the ability to change the ownership of that stuff by just thinking about it, either.)

e.g.

(When he was overseas, staying in embassies, he would see art that he would demand be taken to the White House, too - and given his penchant for taking things from the White House to Mar a Lago that he, ah, wasn’t supposed to, who knows what happened to all that. Plus there were all the gifts from foreign dignitaries that he wasn’t legally allowed to personally keep, but did anyways… We still don’t know the half of it.)

5 Likes

It’s a thing with these types.

5 Likes

Items of little or no value are being destroyed by worms.

With the tiniest edit, that could be inscribed on his tombstone.

4 Likes

Not a finger!

1 Like

This ist just blatant anti-Russian propaganda.
Historically, the ring has always belonged to Putin.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.