Silvio Berlusconi's vast but worthless art collection burdens his heirs

Originally published at: Silvio Berlusconi's vast but worthless art collection burdens his heirs | Boing Boing

9 Likes

The 25,000 paintings are largely croste, poor quality works of little to no value.

According to critics.

5 Likes

Maybe if they trained the woodworms to carve intricate wood art. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Bah, critics!

12 Likes

A timely reminder, for me at least, to give thanks for the fact that this imbecile is dead.

21 Likes

much of it trash bought from late night telesales shows.

Ignorant me had assumed that late night telesales networks were a strictly USAnian disease. Sorry to hear it’s metastasized.

8 Likes

Italian TV is legendarily awful.

Unrelated: Silvio was a media magnate (and failed clown).

20 Likes

Not unrelated at all: Berlusconi pioneered trash television in Italy.

16 Likes

He’s got NFTs of the whole Kincade Collection.

11 Likes

?

5 Likes

Obligatory:

9 Likes

Pour one out for the insurance agent who will have to deal with Trump’s estate when it too attracts some “woodworms.”

The difference is that there will be nothing of value in Trump’s estate (unless he manages to hang on to any of the art and artifacts he stole while president).

9 Likes

I’m thinking of that final scene in Citzen Kane where the staff dealing with the Kane estate end up burning a lot of the property in an incinerator (or was it a fireplace?) because it has no apparent value. I wonder what Trump’s “Rosebud” is, or if he even ever had any childhood innocence to be reminded of?

12 Likes

20 Likes

I had a silent /snark in there.

Of course Silvio is part of the problem.

7 Likes

fox tv GIF by A Christmas Story Live

8 Likes

Most of the stuff we accumulate during our lives is more or less worthless except if it has any sentimental value to our heirs.

6 Likes

Fra-jee-lay. Must be Italian.

10 Likes

But It’s a major award! /silly

5 Likes

I find it comforting that billionaire shitheels can get scammed.

6 Likes