Simon Pegg on where the four Beatles' voices are found in your head

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/09/simon-pegg-on-where-the-four-beatles-voices-are-found-in-your-head.html

4 Likes

Unless you’re talking about the early years, when all the voices were irritatingly panned to the hard left of your head.

9 Likes

Ah, the good old days of ‘moneo’. :wink:

5 Likes

Listen in quadrophonic and there’s no escape. They’re everywhere!

3 Likes

Surely, you meant they’re Here, There and Everywhere.

14 Likes

And they did it in the road. Sad.

ETA: And nobody was watching. Sadder.

4 Likes

Beatles in your mouth? I worked in a call center once and there was one chick who grated because her phone manner was always so upbeat, high pitched and super-bright. She got her comeuppance one day when a guy refused her call, telling her she sounded like she had a rat up her arse. I couldn’t have put it better.

Nothing like a phone-brave caller making a complete stranger, there to help you, feel like shit.

6 Likes

Er…not quite an accurate grasp of the situation. Although the (outbound) call center dealt in “Market/Social Research” some of it was at the dubious commercial end. If anything, it was a case of we the callers inserting ourselves uninvited into the lives of random strangers who often did not take the intrusion well. I wouldn’t be so bold as to say we were there to help anyone but our clients. But I had to laugh when a guy said that the interviewers excited manner sounded like she had a rat up her arse. He really nailed it.

2 Likes

Of course, this takes me right back to the out-take from Shaun of the Dead where the Beatles are suddenly part of the story:

5 Likes

Not a bit like Cagney.

2 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.