In the Beatles' "Hey Jude," you can hear someone say "Fucking hell!"

Originally published at: In the Beatles' "Hey Jude," you can hear someone say "Fucking hell!" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Fuck you! Fuck me! Fuck everybody!

11 Likes

For anyone trying to catch it, it occurs right around the 3min mark. The vocals start “The minute you let her under your skin,” and then you’ll hear something like “whoa!” in the background, then very quietly “fucking hell.” Here’s a YouTube link cued to the start of that line:

10 Likes

:heart: Joan Jett :metal::sunglasses:

7 Likes

I heard, “what’s that fucking smell”.

6 Likes

Anyone try playing it backwards yet?

7 Likes

Sounds more like potty-mouthed Lennon than clean-living pot-smoking McCartney.

7 Likes

Definitely Lennon. I think Lennon claimed it was Lennon elsewhere.

1 Like

Maybe they were exclaiming because 3 minutes in the song still wasn’t over.

4 Likes

It had to be Lennon, because Paul Is Dead. Remember that conspiracy theory? It was the 60s version of Qanon.

4 Likes

I fucking buried Paul…

2 Likes

Yup. You sure can. I remember hearing it a long time ago but not being able to make out what it was. The “woah” in particular is more obvious than the “fucking hell” to me. Once you hear it, you can’t un-hear it.

In the Beach Boys’ “All I Want to Do” (not to be confused with the completely different song “All I Wanna Do”) there’s sounds of two people having sex buried deep in the mix of the outro. Legend has it that it was Dennis recording himself banging a groupie in the studio - which seems completely plausible given his reputation as a satyr - but I am guessing it’s probably more of a joke than anything.

Then you have a song like EMF’s Unbelievable that just has “What the Fuck” right there out in the open in the chorus and it still somehow got played on the radio and in groceries everywhere.

4 Likes

More evidence of how the Beatles destroyed western civilization-- sneaking filthy words into ubiquitous pop hits, subliminally implanting satanism into an entire generation.

3 Likes

Related: before my son was born I sewed curtains for his room. When the windows are open and the wind blows through them you can hear my swears.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Cue and queue seem to be related. A pool cue in French is queue de billard. CBC seems to play on this with Tom Powers’ Q the Music program. q the Music - CBC Music

But, yes, otherwise fully agree.

1 Like

It was Ringo.

Ringo finally had enough.

2 Likes

Blisters on his fingers!

6 Likes

That would be the general musk of 1968.

4 Likes

Thanks. (Earlier post deleted.)

ETA @blackeye Sorry - strands your post but was the right thing to do.

2 Likes