Beatles' "Hey Jude" lyrics as a flowchart

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/09/beatles-hey-jude-lyrics.html

2 Likes

The “Hey Jude” box is missing a self-loop for the end of the song.

2 Likes

This is a bad flowchart, since the linear branching allows for verses using combinations that don’t go together in the original lyrics. It begs the question, if you make this chart, why not at least have it make sense in a world where there is a point in such a thing.

1 Like

Also missing “the minute you”-> “let her under your skin”

1 Like

LucidChart (or some LucidChart fan) did a great video on this premise to show how easy to use their flowchart product was. Shame the YouTube version got DMCAd and muted.

There’s still an audio-ized version on Vimeo:

3 Likes

2 Likes
10 Likes

Is John yelling “fucking hell” at approx 2:38 part of the flowchart?

ETA: Nope, it isn’t. #fail

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

8 Likes

♪♫ Hey, dude
You think yer bad
But you’re a sad sack
And she’s no better…♪♫

2 Likes

That final na-loop actually made me snort.

Musically, I might add.

2 Likes

Also needs an arrow back from Hey Jude to Na.

3 Likes

The outro deserves its own flowchart :sunglasses:

1 Like

(Cued to relevant bit.)

1 Like

I feel like a true flowchart would have “Make it bad” in a conditional diamond with “Do” and “Don’t” as possible choices. But then how would that play out? Not sure.

1 Like

Why was this put in flowchart form? Clearly a state machine would be a better fit, and it would be far more nerdy.

Flowcharts are not nerdy.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/EA_CgX2ihVg

3 Likes

Never any time to feel the pain also. I loved the part about the shoulders.

BUT it looks cool.

This is one of those maddening songs where I know the first couple of words to each line, then invariably I sing along to the wrong completion and it turns into “let her inter mawarwa mnmm…”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.