Simple relief from ever present carpal tunnel pain

And he possibly also wears a Power Balance or Trion:Z “athletic” bracelet.
And he possibly also consumes super blue-green algae.
And he possibly also likes artichokes.

An athlete or a celebrity doing something does not ipso facto make this a sensible thing to do.

And in any case, we have no idea whether Johnny Bench sincerely believes it works. He’s being paid to endorse it.

Of course not, but I reckon he does have a little more credibility on the subject of aches & pains than a pampered actress or an anthropomorphic TED Talk.

Anyway, a lot of health & fitness woo products aren’t ineffective, but their mechanism isn’t what the promoters claim. Those “copper-infused” compression garments are still compression garments even if there’s nothing magical about copper. I don’t know why emu fat is so much more outlandish an ingredient than lanolin; even if it’s not an analgesic it’s still a useful unguent.

You think this is credible?

I have no idea, but I’m not going to dismiss it out of hand just because it’s a cheap TV commercial.

Chap-Stick was prominently endorsed by a paid athlete; does Chap-Stick not work as advertised?

Well, now I understand how so many Power Bracelets are sold.

1 Like

You know damn well there’s a difference between magical magnetic bracelets and lip balm.

Except we’re talking about emu oil.

Except you started talking about power bracelets.

Well, I guess we can only resume this conversation when Johnny Bench is paid $5000.00 to endorse Emu Oil Power Bracelets.

1 Like

I once woke up with my foot pronating at nearly 90 degrees. I hobbled to emergency convinced that I had “spontaneous club foot” only to be told that club foot was congenital. It got better.

That’s really strange for it to randomly happen. Would scare the bejeezus outta me

Roo on one side of the plate, Emu on the other. It’s an old joke that we’re the only country that eats it’s own coat of arms. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oooooh…yeah, that makes sense!

Thanks!

3 Likes

You mean, the traditional medicine that has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties in modern studies, as reported in peer-reviewed journals? That stuff?

It’s got all the magical shibboleths that prove efficacy, including appeal to tradition and appeal to authority!

:wink:

and we’re talking about something from the Asprin family of drugs.

1 Like

Indeed! Looks like pretty benign stuff to me. The usual Reyes’ Syndrome warnings apply, but you and I are far too old to worry about that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.