Simpsons' Hank Azaria has a Bruce Springsteen tribute band

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/24/simpsons-hank-azaria-has-a-bruce-springsteen-tribute-band.html

3 Likes

I wonder if his band has ever played with Spinal Tap (co-created and led by fellow Simpsons voice actor Harry Shearer).

2 Likes

They could throw in David Silverman (animator/director from the earliest days of the show) as well. He’s certainly attention-grabbing with that flaming tuba of his.

2 Likes

Sousaphone!!!

4 Likes

Well, Silverman likes to call it a tuba and I’m not about to pick a fight with a monster-hunter or a bunch of Marvel fans:

I don’t care what he calls it, he’s off the guest list. For keeps.

1 Like

When the kids all shouted ‘Tuba Boy go home’
He said you know it’s actually a sousaphone,
The tuba’s for the stage
And this one’s for parades
And then he got the worse beating he’d ever known
– No One Liked the Tuba Boy by The Sponge Awareness Foundation

2 Likes

A sousaphone is a kind of tuba, is it not? At least that’s what the wikipedia and other sources say…

1 Like

77a7873e49be23b5b6951efea8a6b6e8

5 Likes

I had always thought they had sung together in the barbershop quartet episode which included Azaria (Apu) and Harry Shearer (Skinner). But according to the Simpsons Wiki, that was actually the Dapper Dans (of Disneyland fame), albeit mixed with the regular actors.

Although with all the musical numbers on the show, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t another song with both of them performing.

4 Likes

tom hardy doof warrior GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.