Since a 28-ft wave washed a shipping container of Legos into the ocean 25 years ago, bricks have been washing ashore

Originally published at: Since a 28-ft wave washed a shipping container of Legos into the ocean 25 years ago, bricks have been washing ashore | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“When you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, that was when you stepped on that Lego brick and asked me to carry you for a bit”

Oh and also…

What, does bOINGbOING just have a bunch of pedant pendants hanging around y’all need to get rid of (that’sbait.gif…)

8 Likes

:rofl:

The pedants will no doubt be along shortly. I suppose it keeps them out of trouble elsewhere.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Is that how they came up with the concept for the Lego Island game?

1 Like

And @HMSGoose, I think with the use of irony

Fast And Furious Brian Oconner GIF by The Fast Saga

2 Likes

Related.

7 Likes

Obligatory Tom Scott:

7 Likes

6ad8478a0a1d06611d4f44af2d7a9c4c8f87cced_2_500x500
Looking past the ecological implications for a minute it’s hard not to like the irony that most of the pieces are ocean themed.

4 Likes

NOT THE HEEL!

2 Likes

The word LEGO@ is a brand name, and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special.
Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not
“'LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over.
Thank you!

2 Likes

The Lego corporation could also preserve the brand you are very proud of by funding beach cleanups around the world; Thereby setting an example of a global brand that is taking responsibility for the externalities that all corporations are ignoring and expecting the public to cover.

4 Likes

(To be fair, they do have some corporate responsibility programs, including some for the environment, not surprisingly—but scrolling through them all, I didn’t see any for beach cleanups.)

3 Likes

Coincidentally from this week

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.