Sit on this Washington sidewalk and face a $1,000 fine plus 90 days in jail

In my town, it’s legal to sit on the sidewalk, but not to shit on it. Seems to work out pretty well.

1 Like

@ficuswhisperer

I just visited Duvall by way of Google Maps. Indeed it has a Starbucks. It even has a Safeway and a Thai restaurant!

And it looks like they removed the big rock from Big Rock Road. :sob:

1 Like

2, actually.

1 Like

I guess there’s no room for rude trucker hats and Rocky Mountain Express in the new Duvall. :pensive:

1 Like

It’s quite common for there to be a Starbucks in a grocery store… that’s next to another Starbucks.

2 Likes

Can confirm, our local grocery store has a Starbucks inside the store and another Starbucks, 50 metres away, on same side of street.

1 Like

Can confirm. The QFC that I frequent has a Starbucks in the store, and there’s a standalone Starbucks in the same parking lot just a few dozen yards away.

If I count the franchise kiosks in the grocery stores and such I can walk to 6 of them.

1 Like

The hospital nearest me has:

1. A cafe that serves Starbucks
  2. A full cafeteria with a Starbucks kiosk outside it
  3. An actual Starbucks

And there’s a Starbucks in the Whole Foods across the street.

1 Like

Well, if it was legal to shit on the sidewalk then a complementary rule to discourage sitting in it might benefit those without the wit to realise they ought not. So whichever way round it is, it seems like pairing these rules makes sense either way.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.