Report: two Seattle cops participated in Capitol Hill riot and lied about it

Originally published at: Report: two Seattle cops participated in Capitol Hill riot and lied about it | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Cops are trained to lie, so no surprise there.

24 Likes

OK, first fire them…
Then arrest them.

28 Likes

Shouldn’t they be charged just like all the other rioters? Or is this another instance where the law bends (a lot) in their favor?

16 Likes

I’ll believe that the police are concerned with the best interests of the citizens they’re supposed to be protecting when there are no longer “contractual obligations” that preclude that same community from knowing who is an admitted liar and who isn’t.

Telling a lie to cover up a crime you committed should absolutely and permanently disqualify you from ever holding the tools of your trade again, doubly so when your entire job is to Not Do Crimes.

21 Likes

Seattle police chief Adrian Diaz has 30 days to make up his mind

If it takes him more than an hour to do that he’s showing us his true priorities (which, to be clear, are not respect for liberal democracy).

13 Likes

Friendly reminder that Mike Solan (president of SPOG, the Seattle police union) committed felony voter fraud (RCW 29A.84.130) by using the precinct address on his voter registration.

ACAB

16 Likes

to be fair, not all those present are (or should be) arrested. if there’s evidence of them participating in the violence and entering the Capital building, then sure, but a lot of the people who were just there and never did any of that are not being charged with anything.

3 Likes

Charge their asses. Put them in with gen pop.

11 Likes

Only two?

Tell Me More Shirley Maclaine GIF

14 Likes

Trespassing goes as much for the Grounds as it does for the building.

11 Likes

they are not arresting people for trespassing on the grounds though, apparently, in light of everything else that happened.

2 Likes

Cops don’t write cops.

2 Likes

Frog and Toad FTP
Seattle cops have long had an entirely justified bad reputation. This will be a tough call for the chief, who’s probably jealous that he wasn’t himself a participant.

7 Likes

You can go on twitter and see dozens of videos of SPD cycle cops ramming people from behind then arresting them. It’s fucking kidnapping.

Dirtiest fucking pigs

6 Likes

When weren’t Seattle cops pure evil?!

2 Likes

Two cops from more than 4,000km away. That’s dedication to the cause.

8 Likes

I must be missing something here: “They were both standing in the immediate vicinity of the Capitol Building in direct view of rioters lining the steps and climbing the walls.”

So they were standing on the lawn watching other people do something wrong in a city 3,000 miles from their jurisdiction. What crime did they commit?

1 Like

I notice that none of the articles about it actually say what law they broke. My guess is that this is because they haven’t actually been charged with anything. They were determined to have broken the law by a police oversight body in their jurisdiction, not by the police in the jurisdiction where they broke the law. I tend to believe that police oversight body made that determination competently, but we may never be told what law they actually broke.

6 Likes

Probably some of the same crimes they charged the people in the CHOP with in Seattle last summer, just for existing.

4 Likes