Six months jail for YouTuber who filmed self bailing out of plane for the views

Oh yeah. That’s literally Trump’s whole defense.

4 Likes

The part of the whole plan that boggles my mind is the “cut up the airplane and dispose of it in trash bins at the airport”.

Did he think that it would pass unnoticed because airports are used to finding bits of sawed-up planes in their trash? Was he worried the FAA were going through the trash at his house?

Too bad that Michel Lotito is dead, or he could have helped dispose of the evidence more effectively.

3 Likes

I’d like to thank Ridge Wallets for sponsoring my incarceration.

2 Likes

Is it me, or does Lotito look like András István Arató’s long lost brother? (Or vice versa.)

1 Like

With the lawyers now serving as witnesses for the prosecution saying “uh, not true!”

2 Likes

Well he’s already been sentenced. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he released his video after sentencing. If I were his attorney, I would have told him to not release that video at all, or if he just really, really wanted to, to not discuss what happened in any way, shape, or form. It makes him look unremorseful. I don’t think the judge can change the sentence at this point, but if he ever ends up in front of that judge again, that video is not going to do him any favors.

3 Likes

He was prosecuted for lying to the FAA, not for deliberately crashing a plane.

2 Likes

Repeatedly lied.

The district attorney’s press release.

In the weeks following the plane crash, Jacob lied to investigators that he did not know the wreckage’s location. In fact, on December 10, 2021, Jacob and a friend flew by helicopter to the wreckage site. There, Jacob used straps to secure the wreckage, which the helicopter lifted and carried to Rancho Sisquoc in Santa Barbara County, where it was loaded onto a trailer attached to Jacob’s pickup truck.

Jacob drove the wreckage to Lompoc City Airport and unloaded it in a hangar. He then cut up and destroyed the airplane wreckage and, over the course of a few days, deposited the detached parts of the wrecked airplane into trash bins at the airport and elsewhere, which was done with the intent to obstruct federal authorities from investigating the November 24 plane crash.

I can’t belive that his evidence tampering worked and he got his pilot’s license back.

4 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.